USB charging ports in Equinox staterooms??

boscobeans

• 2 weeks later...

HI Bosco,

Most modern TVs have a USB port on their side or at the back. You can plug your phone into this TV port in your cabin and it will charge it. I did this on the Diamond Princess 6 months ago. I am sure Celebrity would have similar TVs. It charged my phone even with the TV turned off.

Rossco.

• Thanks 1

I use a 5 port USB port charger (not surge protected so allowable) that I've used on all our cruises to charge phones, kindles, tablets etc. There's none on any of the M or S class ships as yet. Interesting about the TV port, I've never tried that but will look into it on our next cruise.

8 hours ago, rossco_p said:

HI Bosco,

Most modern TVs have a USB port on their side or at the back. You can plug your phone into this TV port in your cabin and it will charge it. I did this on the Diamond Princess 6 months ago. I am sure Celebrity would have similar TVs. It charged my phone even with the TV turned off.

Rossco.

8 hours ago, rossco_p said:

HI Bosco,

Rossco.

I believe Celebrity disables the USB potrts on the TVs, Donny know if that will effect charging.

Edited by dkjretired

there is one USB socket on the back of the TV which CAN be used for charging as long as the TV is powered ON.

It can not be used for anything else as the functions are disabled, but it does power, I use this on every Celebrity ship and have done for several years. :classic_cool:

3 hours ago, Staffy said:

there is one USB socket on the back of the TV which CAN be used for charging as long as the TV is powered ON.

It can not be used for anything else as the functions are disabled, but it does power, I use this on every Celebrity ship and have done for several years. :classic_cool:

Thanks. I'll be using that going forward. Never thought to look😊