We are back!!

Krazy Kruizers

7 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

The first thing I did when I saw how long some signatures were to get rid of them.  Never had to do that in the past.

Krazy Kruizers, your font is much darker than others. Are you manipulating that when you post or is it automatic?

I had to DELETE my Cruise Critic cruise countdown clocks to get Cruise Critic to approve my signature so I could change the signature settings. That makes no sense. Hopefully that bug will get fixed. Wonder if they have a Bug Report thread. ??

Edited by fatcat04
spelling

33 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Click on the blue circle or star next to the thread title.   Wish there was a tutorial available for the new stuff.

Thank you so much. Now we need to make your very helpful suggestion IN CAPS and BOLD so others can benefit as well. 

I am not overjoyed with the new format.  It seems to me C/C made a "change to just make a change".  However, I am more than willing to give it a chance to see if it grows on me.

Things I don't like:

1.  The default font/size/color.

• The font is to small - especially for us, ummm, older folks.
  • No choice of fonts.  I prefer Comic Sans Serif

(However I will say that, as before I can easily change size and color, just not the font.)

2.  Way too much "dead space on the screen".  That is just a bit annoying.

Things I do like:

1.  A pop-up appears when one responds to a post you have made.

2.  Not every thing was brought forward from the old boards in the signature area.  My signature included gif's of an U.S. flag and the U.S. Navy flag.  However, now only the U.S. flag appears and a box with a ? in it where the U.S. Navy flag was.

If you don't use the blue dot or blue star to get to the "next unread post" you are in terminal doom and cannot get out of endless scrolling to find the last pages.

They took away the links to jump to different pages on the  individual threads until you get to the very end (by scrolling).

Edited by OlsSalt

27 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

When the window opens up to post  -- you will see a big "B" -- that is for Bold.

Got it, clumsy but very helpful. Font 12 is better.  Wonder what their default font is -- zero?

8 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Holy crap.  Have you seen the length of your signature?!!  😂

I did!  Assume it is part of the new format.  I'll take a look at the signature later to see if something can be done to shorten it.  I have had some issues logging since it is back up.  I mentioned it on the CC FB page.

I just tried to shorten it a bit.  If I understand correctly the countdown clocks do not meet the new guidelines for size.  So not sure what to do with that yet.  I do have the shipmate app for that so maybe just there?

Edited by Crazy For Cats

I was able to turn off signatures for specific posters (with super long signatures) by using the “x” on the top-right of their signature line on my iPad.  It also gives you the choice of turning off all signatures.  I much preferred how CC used to condense them and you could expand them if you so chose, but at least I can turn them off.  Now if I could only figure out how to edit mine.  🤫

Edited by *Miss G*