Can't login via Tapatalk

Just now, Host Hattie said:

There is no access via Tapatalk or the CC app as mentioned in Laura's original announcement.

The new site is designed to be mobile friendly

And I'm done! There's zero benefit to the end user to disable Tapatalk integration. The only reason is to shoehorn people into seeing your advertisements. I can barely read black text on a white background anymore and that's why I use Tapatalk, plus it keeps all of my forums neatly organized in one place.

• Like 4

Just now, cruiser4305 said:

And I'm done! There's zero benefit to the end user to disable Tapatalk integration. The only reason is to shoehorn people into seeing your advertisements. I can barely read black text on a white background anymore and that's why I use Tapatalk, plus it keeps all of my forums neatly organized in one place.

I agree there is no benifit to disable Tapatalk. If the reason is ads.... I don't see any on my computer. Even if I did see the ads I would be seeing less of them as using the site mobile is now unusable. I am rarely on a computer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ProvoAggie said:

The new forum software is technically compatible with Tapatalk. They just need to install the plugin.

I wish they would install the plug in. I can get used to the new forum software on my computer but I have been testing it on my iPhone and so far  for me it is not a good thing there.  I mostly use mobile these days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ProvoAggie said:

The new forum software is technically compatible with Tapatalk. They just need to install the plugin.

Someone posted on a thread that is closed that it was not compatible but I believe they are wrong. All that Cruise Critic needs to do is install is the correct plug in. 

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Someone posted on a thread that is closed that it was not compatible but I believe they are wrong. All that Cruise Critic needs to do is install is the correct plug in. 

It is definitely compatible. The new forum software is IPBoard. The plugin is available here: https://www.tapatalk.com/download_IPBoard.php

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2onboardagain said:

What happened to all the photos we uploaded with Tapa Talk? All I see now is the code for the link. Not a good first step after all the waiting for this new and improved....

When you upload photos to Tapatalk they are on the Tapatalk server. 

They seem to have made a decision not to use Tapatalk. They also seem to think their new mobile experience is good with a browser. It is not. 

• Like 1

Not being compatible with Tapatalk and losing the benefit of photos that were uploaded that way by previous posters who took a lot of time to make information available to other cruisers is short sighted to say the least.

The new look is not good, so much of the functionality (clear quotes, post numbers etc) that really mattered to users has gone.  But the loss of a mobile friendly solution is the last straw

I do not know who designed or tested this change or why it was made but I fear for many they will disengage now from Cruise critic, I for one will not be around if it is not made mobile friendly very quickly.

• Like 2

PLEASE enable Tapatalk integration. 

While I don't find the web version horrible on my phone, I REALLY dislike having to navigate a message board in a tab under my Chrome browser on the phone. 

Tapatalk is designed for message boards. And when the "upgrade" was announced, only the CC app was mentioned as being discontinued - not Tapatalk support. I refuse to allow any website to send notifications to my phone, but forum notifications through Tapatalk work just fine. 

It's a real shame, because I had just discovered CC in preparation for my first ocean cruise next year, and I'd been checking the forums on Tapatalk almost every day. But I won't be pulling up the CC site (and manually logging in each time) on my phone browser.

So I may be done on this site as well. Hopefully the mods are reading this feedback and will reconsider intentionally blocking access via Tapatalk. I was really starting to enjoy CC, but not on my phone browser. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the short term I can live without posting through Tapatalk, however losing the vast photo library that came through Tapatalk is a huge mistake. Someone from CC needs to get on here and explain how they are going to fix this issue and when, otherwise the archive is useless.

• Like 1

I wonder if CC actually monitored what percentage of their posts were via browser vs Tapatalk vs the CC App.....before they implemented these new 'changes' and I wonder which person in authority decided to cut off Tapatalk?

I have written many reviews and submitted dozens of photos to assist others. Now gone.

The new functionality on the web via an iphone is horrid and not user friendly at all

LB > who has had to log on to her laptop to be able to post.  And who is not happy.

• Like 2

I am that man! I do not use social media, I do not use a smart phone. It was suggested to me that I tried Tapatalk as a simpler alternative to the browser on a tablet, and it was so much easier!

I have struggled get up and running on then tablet .... I just hope it is worth the effort but I suspect it may not be.

I am thinking of the old comment ...  designed by committe!

As with others, I sense disengagement ....

• Like 1

It’s probably a commercial decision as with Tapatalk you did not see all the marketing push.  I’d like to hear if that’s the reason as at least we’d know where we stand 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

It’s probably a commercial decision as with Tapatalk you did not see all the marketing push.  I’d like to hear if that’s the reason as at least we’d know where we stand 

Do you see marketing push when you use the site on a mobile device? When I disable my content blocker on my phone I am not seeing any ads. 

There were no ads with Tapatalk but it appears there are no ads with this. If they put on ads in the future my content blocker will block them. 

Removing Tapatalk is a fail. Not having a mobile app is a mistake. They may loose people to FB ( ugh) which has groups in their mobile app.  Tapatalk was also a way for people to find Cruise Critic as Tapatalk  has a search engine for finding forums. I use Tapatalk for other forums. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1