ALL things Regal, now that she is back in the Caribbean

Wishing on a star

21 hours ago, Orrsthu said:

Did they change the formal night lobster and shrimps to new menu lobster and green risotto?

Don’t know since lobster night will not be until our next formal night which I think is Friday.

Hank

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks!!!!

I had just asked on the other thread where you posted...  but will just throw this in again.

SILLY little question...

If you are in any kind of balcony,  and can make a note,  I would like to know the approx. height/dimensions on the little foot-stool side table.

I answered you there 

We board her in 3 weeks and happy to hear anything current cruisers want to share. The add ons aren't anything new to us, as Royal has been doing this for quite a while. We don't bother doing them, but I guess it's a good option for those families that has one or two that would like to splurge on something and not have to make everyone pay for a specialty restaurant.

• Like 1

19 for fillet is nuts in MDR when you can get better service, and HOT food in the specialty restaurant for 29, also the waiters bring you what your ordered, not what they mistakenly ordered and try to convince you to take it. 

id do every nite in specialty before ever paying for club class again. superior in every way. 

Thanks to all sailing on the Regal for providing updated information to those of us waiting to board.

CC.com now says Princess hosts a Meet & Mingle for all cruises.  Here's the language:  "Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties will be held on all Princess Cruises sailings. Please check the daily activities program, called Princess Patters, for notification regarding the day, location and time of the event. Should you wish to pre-arrange the Meet & Mingle for your sailing, please contact Princess Cruises Customer Service at 1-800-PRINCESS. Please make sure your efforts are coordinated so that only ONE person contacts Princess Cruises."

Can anyone confirm Princess is doing this?  When was your M&M arranged?  I called Princess to see if a date, time, and location for our Western Caribbean sailing in early December had been set but the customer service rep said they did not have that info.  We'd just have to find it on board.

Many thanks,

On 11/4/2018 at 3:17 PM, Hlitner said:

Don’t know since lobster night will not be until our next formal night which I think is Friday.

Hank

So...tell us about the Lobster, now that you had it last night or at least saw what the offering was on the menu.

28 minutes ago, MrsKC08 said:

So...tell us about the Lobster, now that you had it last night or at least saw what the offering was on the menu.

Sorry...for some reason I thought I read your Lobster night was going to be Thursday. I hope you come back tomorrow to tell us how it is.

On 11/9/2018 at 7:58 PM, MrsKC08 said:

They serve a tiny warm water tail that is slightly larger then a jumbo shrimp.  It is plated with a greenish risotto.  If you just want lobster then ask for 2.  The Beef Wellington is a better choice.  For those who enjoy real lobster, get it at Kelly’s Landing on Ft Laudedale.

Hank

We will be on the Regal at the end of March, 2019. I seem to have read somewhere about a change in how one gets a coffee card (i.e., there are no more coffee cards) that is somehow tied to your cruise card but now with the Medallion in service it is somehow linked to that? We are Elite level and always trade in our free mini-bar for a couple coffee cards as we love the International Cafe for coffee and tea as the stuff they serve in the buffet and during meals is nasty, to us anyway. So....what is the new procedure for trading in the mini bar and getting a credit(?) on your Medallion for coffee at the International? thanks!

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

They serve a tiny warm water tail that is slightly larger then a jumbo shrimp.  It is plated with a greenish risotto.  If you just want lobster then ask for 2.  The Beef Wellington is a better choice.  For those who enjoy real lobster, get it at Kelly’s Landing on Ft Laudedale.

Hank

Or better yet, just about anywhere in New England. Time was, believe it or not, that Princess and ALL the cruise lines served real Maine or Nova Scotia lobster tails. Those days are long gone, sad to say. The things they serve now are tasteless, rubbery imitations of the real thing. But so it goes.........

• Like 2

I might have missed this info..  But I am hoping for specific Dining and Show times.

Currently we are signed up for Anytime, with the changes!

I do hope that the internet situation improves right away.

Let's hope that they have had to work on it, and hit some glitches, while getting the Ocean Medallion installed and working.

I hope it all gets worked out right away, for everybody onboard and boarding soon!