Showing read or posted to threads in red

When you're logged in you will see either a dot or a star to the left of the thread title if there are new posts since you last went there. The star appears if you have posted in that thread, and the dot shows if you have read the thread but not posted in it. Clicking on the dot/star takes you to the first new post. 

I understand that the dot and star show threads with new posts, but I too miss seeing the thread titles turn red once I’ve opened them. I used to be able to easily scan through a list of threads and know which ones I’ve looked at before (whether they have new posts or not.)

And for some reason I’m having trouble staying logged in...but that is a question for a separate thread!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Can you do that?  Used to be, anything you'd clicked on, or posted to would turn red...is there a way to make that happen?

I was just going to start a thread on the same thing, but checked first to see if anyone else had.  I agree, I really liked being able to scan the screen and easily see (because it was red) the threads and/or forums that I've previously clicked on.  Makes it very easy to follow, particularly when you are looking for your Roll Call, or also in the various overarching forums, like the Ports of Call boards.  

I hope this functionality can be restored.

There's some slightly incorrect information.

The dot and star only refer to whether you have a post in that thread or not.  It does NOT show you if you've clicked on it (although presumably if you've posted in the thread, you've clicked on it at some point).

If a thread title is in BOLD there are new posts you haven't read.  If it's not bold (ie: normal) there are no new posts since you last went in to the thread.

The 'red' coloring you used to see was a browser function that showed you had clicked on the link at some point.  Not really effective on a message board IMO.