Non wine drinker for the Chef's table

I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not...………………….Maybe they will offer you sparkling water or soda or something else???

Enjoy the Chef's Table - will be at it on the Serenade on my birthday next month.  Can't wait

Actually they will give a discount as long as you are eating with a companion who will be drinking the wine.  My wife and I have done this twice (on the Grandeur in 2016 and the Rhapsody in 2017.  I don't drink and received a significant discount after asking each time. Although I cannot remember the exact amount, it was somewhere between 30% and 50%.)

Edited by katsrus

3 hours ago, katsrus said:

Actually they will give a discount as long as you are eating with a companion who will be drinking the wine.  My wife and I have done this twice (on the Grandeur in 2016 and the Rhapsody in 2017.  I don't drink and received a significant discount after asking each time. Although I cannot remember the exact amount, it was somewhere between 30% and 50%.)

It's not uncommon to get a 20% discount (and still drink the wine) by just asking.  😉

14 hours ago, lonestarmikeb said:

I'm wonder if there is a price discount if I don't drink the wine?

I got a 50%

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's not uncommon to get a 20% discount (and still drink the wine) by just asking.  😉

I got a 50% discount because I only wanted water

Love the Chef's Tables of the past...but the prices have gone up each year dramatically, and the number of courses have shortened.  IMHO paying that price if I am not going to enjoy the wine pairing with the food?  Not going to happen for me.  

3 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Oh I wish I knew you could get a discount for opting out for wine. 

Sampled some but most of mine went down the drain. 

67199A2F-0863-4E76-8D17-CAB1C2E1B415_zps

You actually don't have to accept the wine choice of each course.  If they even dare to get near me with that "pink koolaid" I will ask for seconds on another choice.  Island Lady does not do sweet wine.  :classic_wacko:

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Oh I wish I knew you could get a discount for opting out for wine. 

Sampled some but most of mine went down the drain. 

67199A2F-0863-4E76-8D17-CAB1C2E1B415_zps

You only 'rent' wine.  It all eventually goes down the drain.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You actually don't have to accept the wine choice of each course.  If they even dare to get near me with that "pink koolaid" I will ask for seconds on another choice.  Island Lady does not do sweet wine.  :classic_wacko:

And I gave my cabin steward the recent bottle of Kim Crawford we received as a gift. :classic_blink:

We all drink what we like.