Excellent Hotel in Quebec City

RestonCruiser

We disembarked the AOS and walked to Le Priori Hotel.  It is one and a half blocks from the pier. It is located in Old Town Quebec.  Smaller hotel but had terrific sized rooms and a great breakfast.  The staff was absolutely outstanding in every way.  A cab to airport was $35 CAD.  We cannot say enough good things about this hotel.  You will not be disappointed.

Another one I like is the Hotel du Vieux in the upper town.  I'm staying there next week before my Royal cruise and have stayed there previously.  They have a great common area with a fireplace, couches, games, like a living room, but on a bigger scale.  I love their picnic basket continental breakfast they hang on a hook by your door.

20 hours ago, Ashland said:

We're considering for our next October pre cruise Hotel Auberge Saint Antoine...any thoughts on this or similar recommendations?

The Auberge Saint-Antoine is a highly-rated boutique hotel - it's directly opposite Wharf 22, so you could potentially have a room with a view of your ship (if that's where they're docked). The restaurant is also highly-rated. If I were choosing a hotel near the port to stay, it would be my first choice. 

While right in front of the main cruise ship berth, you actually have to walk down a couple of blocks to the cruise terminal for embarkation; it's however a pretty easy, flat walk, so unless you're a massive overpacker, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Edited by Twickenham

11 hours ago, Twickenham said:

The Auberge Saint-Antoine is a highly-rated boutique hotel - it's directly opposite Wharf 22, so you could potentially have a room with a view of your ship (if that's where they're docked). The restaurant is also highly-rated. If I were choosing a hotel near the port to stay, it would be my first choice. 

While right in front of the main cruise ship berth, you actually have to walk down a couple of blocks to the cruise terminal for embarkation; it's however a pretty easy, flat walk, so unless you're a massive overpacker, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Thank you so very much...I always value your particular input.

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2019 at 9:39 AM, jgsterling said:

I've booked the Auberge Place d'Armes for our post-cruise hotel.  Does anyone have any comments on this hotel?

Looking forward to info on this hotel also.....Thanks for posting.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're also staying at the Auberge place D'Armes for our port cruise hotel.  The rooms all have their own character, and the location looks so close to everything.  Also comes with free breakfast if booked through their web site.  We'll be there in the fall and have heard it is absolutely stunning!

On 2/22/2019 at 11:26 AM, virginiacruisin said:

Do any of the "boutique hotels" have elevators or do you have to walk up steps to get to your room?

Of all the hotels that I researched, the boutique hotels are stairs only.  Hard to put an elevator in some of these old buildings. 

We are staying at the Auberge Place D'Armes and have a junior suite that is on the first floor. 

1 hour ago, Mitch2016 said:

Of all the hotels that I researched, the boutique hotels are stairs only.  Hard to put an elevator in some of these old buildings. 

We are staying at the Auberge Place D'Armes and have a junior suite that is on the first floor. 

We've booked a junior suite also...we won't be there until October...and you ?

1 hour ago, Mitch2016 said:

We will be arriving on October 11th and not leaving until Sunday, late afternoon.

Arriving the 4th- checking out the 7th...looking forward to this hotel.

Edited by Ashland

On October 21, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Host Carolyn said:

Chateau d'Pierre right on the park across from Chateau Frontenac is place we've stayed at since the late 1980s.  Well located and great personal service

We discovered the Chateau Frontenac in 1973 and it was still as wonderful when we were there in 2013.

My goodness, there are a lot of options! I googled just a few and am overwhelmed at the choices! Such beautiful buildings! We will be there leaving September 14th on Princess. Now to just CHOOSE a hotel! 

• Like 1