Signatures

Why are signatures now either all or nothing.  I used to be able to at least see a person's name without seeing all the past or upcoming cruises.  Wish I had paid more attention to it before but I know my signature read: "Good Cruising, Mary Lou. After that I had 2 count down clocks that I had to delete from the new forums because they were too big.

9 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Why are signatures now either all or nothing.  I used to be able to at least see a person's name without seeing all the past or upcoming cruises.  Wish I had paid more attention to it before but I know my signature read: "Good Cruising, Mary Lou. After that I had 2 count down clocks that I had to delete from the new forums because they were too big.

Signatures now have restrictions:

• Maximum of 1 image
  •  Images up to 150 x 175 pixels
  •  Maximum of 3 URLs
  •  Maximum of 6 lines

:Those of us who have already have larger signatures are grandfathered (and those signatures have an "expand signature" option) .  But, if you try to change your signature, you must abide by the restrictions.  

Not everyone has their actual name in their signature.

Thanks, unfortunately I changed my signature a few days ago so no longer have the count down clocks.  I just found out I can show signatures but still have the "expand signature" option.  This is quite a learning curve without any directions.

I know not everyone has their name in their signature but when they do it was confusing to see posters refer to someone by name but not to be able to see the name.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

5 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks, unfortunately I changed my signature a few days ago so no longer have the count down clocks.  I just found out I can show signatures but still have the "expand signature" option.  This is quite a learning curve without any directions.

I know not everyone has their name in their signature but when they do it was confusing to see posters refer to someone by name but not to be able to see the name.

You still have the "expand signature" because your signature is longer than 6 lines.  It appears you have a blank line before the signature, and, possibly another at the end.

12 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

You still have the "expand signature" because your signature is longer than 6 lines.  It appears you have a blank line before the signature, and, possibly another at the end.

Not true. Only 4 lines show, so if you have 6 lines (or 5) you will still need the expand button to see them all.

When I first edited my signature I had a blank line between the future cruises and the old ones, so I got the expand button. When I removed the blank line all my signature shows up.

There was one poster whose signature looked like it was only 4 lines but still showed the expand button; when you expanded it still looked the same. Turns out he had a blank line at the end.

If you want all of your signature to show, keep it to 4 lines of normal size text. I'm not sure what happens if you have pictures, you might get fewer than 4 lines showing. 

Edited by gnome12

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Even though I chose the setting that I want to enable signatures, I can’t see them.  I am using Safari on an iPhone X.

You can’t see signatures on the mobile site. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Traveller94 said:

I somehow managed to turn signatures off, and now I can’t figure out how to turn them back on. Could someone provide or point me toward directions? Thanks?

Click on the down arrow next to your username in the upper right.  Click on "Account Settings".  On the left side, click on "Signature".  One of the options there is "View Signatures" toggle switch on.