Do I tip at Izumi Hibachi?

I booked Izumi Hibachi on Allure next week...bought & paid for on line.  I did not see in the description if it included the tip.  Since we've never dined at the hibachi grill on the ship before I am wondering if there is a waiter/waitress in addition to the table cook and if so ...do we tip each of them separately?  We have a Japanese restaurant here usually give the waitress a tip large enough to split with the table cook.  Any suggestions? ...tip each separately, tip together & tell them to split it ...or is it in fact, included in the cost as it is in the drink package?  Thanks for any help. We would gladly tip, just don't know how to do it 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

It's an added line when booking onboard. 18%

Yes, think of the lower price as an incentive to pre-book and give RCI money sooner.  The staff will be compensated adequately as a baseline, so no need to worry.  If you prefer to add additional amount of gratuity, you can (whether you have pre-booked or booked onboard).  If you do not wish to add any, no worries. 

5 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Yes, think of the lower price as an incentive to pre-book and give RCI money sooner.  The staff will be compensated adequately as a baseline, so no need to worry.  If you prefer to add additional amount of gratuity, you can (whether you have pre-booked or booked onboard).  If you do not wish to add any, no worries. 

I think it's a glitch in their system. No way are they earning 18% on my pre-payed dining.

I'll try and remember to inquire onboard

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your advice.  I was just skimming thru the Royal app and looking at the menu for Izumi Hibachi and see that it does say on board an 18% gratuity  will be added to the check ...I somehow missed that before and now I know...again thanks everyone for you help.

4 minutes ago, sharpasice said:

Thanks everyone for your advice.  I was just skimming thru the Royal app and looking at the menu for Izumi Hibachi and see that it does say on board an 18% gratuity  will be added to the check ...I somehow missed that before and now I know...again thanks everyone for you help.

If you bought and paid for it on line then you will not have any extra added to the check on board.  What you posted is only referring to purchases made onboard.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you bought and paid for it on line then you will not have any extra added to the check on board.  What you posted is only referring to purchases made onboard.

Thank you...at least I know it is appropriate to tip in cash...will be taking cash with me to this venue as I don't usually carry it around ..except for some singles for drinks and small tips.

54 minutes ago, sharpasice said:

Thank you...at least I know it is appropriate to tip in cash...will be taking cash with me to this venue as I don't usually carry it around ..except for some singles for drinks and small tips.

There will also be a blank line on your bill that you can add in any amount if you choose. Having paid for the meal on on line ahead of time you will receive a bill for $0.00

• Like 1