Remembrance Day Nov 11:Equinox

yellowhat

Can I anticipate any special recognition of this special day? Moment of Silence? Guest speakers, guest presentations?  Just inquiring  and knowing there would be an international on board. it could be so enriching.

Anyone participated in a November 11 day on board?  Thank you

Unlikely. I believe Nov 11 is a port day for you. Most passengers will be ashore by 11:00. Perhaps you can do some online research to see if there is a Remembrance Day ceremony in Bridgetown., since it's a Commonwealth country.

PS. The Americans on this forum may not know what Remembrance Day is; it's a Commonwealth term. In the US they have Veterans Day. 

Edited by mom says

1 hour ago, MixerDave said:

We were on the Equinox 2 years ago.  A service was held in the theater, with talks by the captain and several staff.  The also had all veterans stand and asked to other passengers to thank them.

A similar event was held on Silhouette a couple of years ago.  The theatre was almost full and it was tastefully done.  I don’t know if it would have been held on a port day though.  We were at sea.

A few years ago we were on a Panama Canal Cruise on Rememberance Day. A fellow Canadian had contacted his local Legion and brought poppies on board and passed them out at a service. It was wonderful to see so many passengers wearing them all day long. I believe that he also spoke to someone once on board to make sure that a service was going to take place.

On 10/21/2018 at 7:23 PM, yellowhat said:

Can I anticipate any special recognition of this special day? Moment of Silence? Guest speakers, guest presentations?  Just inquiring  and knowing there would be an international on board. it could be so enriching.

Anyone participated in a November 11 day on board?  Thank you

No there will be no recognition, you will have to take a moment of silence on your own or find other Canadians to share the moment with, you will see some wearing their poppies.  My DH and I are military and travel during this time period.  Remembrance  Day gets harder every year for my DH  ..especially since his tours in Afghanistan , the loss of so many brave people.  We take the time to remember and reflect on our friends, family and the people we have know and lost.