Tonic

jollyjoyce

I know I’m a sad person !!!!! But please can someone tell me what brand of Tonic Water Regent use. I am hoping that you are going to tell me fever tree but Schweppes or Britvic would do...just as long as it’s not the awful stuff that Azamara serve.

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came off the Voyager, and I have no clue what tonic I was drinking.  It tasted fine.  It was a green white and black can... and wasn't anything I recognized.  I can report it mixed great with my in-suite bottle of Grey goose.  :-)

It sounds as if Fever Tree hasn’t caught on yet. It may be like Hendricks Gin - something that Regent didn’t carry for years but is now on all ships.  In the U.S., Canada Dry and Schweppes seem to be the most popular tonics.  

I believe that if you special request Fever Tree for your cruise (90 days in advance) it will be there for you.  We do the same thing for 7-up when we remember to do so.  

18 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

It sounds as if Fever Tree hasn’t caught on yet.

I know you have your views on Crystals inadequacies but it’s interesting that several varieties of Fever Tree tonics are served as standard on Crystal (has been the case since January) - no special request is required to compliment the wide range of gins poured 

It’s interesting how different lines decide to move on such trends at different speeds 

Edited by Stickman1990

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I know you have your views on Crystals inadequacies but it’s interesting that several varieties of Fever Tree tonics are served as standard on Crystal (has been the case since January) - no special request is required to compliment the wide range of gins poured 

It’s intersting how different lines decide move on such trends at different speeds 

You might be surprised if you knew my latest thoughts on Crystal but that is a subject for another time.  Your observations about tonic and the range of gins that are not available on Regent is right on.  I’m guessing that Regent and Crystal stock what their customers ask for the most.  While gin may be gaining popularity in the U.S., it will likely take years before we consume as much gin as in the U.K, Australia, Canada, etc.  

Regent does have a large variety of vodkas which, at least up until now, is probably the most popular spirit in the U.S.