What's the longest cruise you've taken?

havanadaydreaming

13 minutes ago, Newleno said:

those panama canal fees/taxes are killer, they break the margin of frugal even on a great fare of $50 per day

right now the 1st leg of the cruise (18day ny - LA) has no solo supplement.

regular inside is $2800. gty inside is $1400.

thats $78/day. 😞

port fees/taxes = $470 aka  $26/day

yike , thats kinda high.

for those of you reading this, to put things in perspective:

my 15day caribbean on Breakaway this sat is $250 port fees/taxes, aka $17/day

Edited by fstuff1

Our longest cruise was a 15 day repositioning cruise from Boston to New Orleans on the Norwegian Spirit.  It was a fabulous trip.  It was called "15 Day Caribbean Escape".  It basically visited the Eastern, Southern, ABC islands, Western Carribean before reaching New Orleans.  We were chased by a hurricane leaving Barbados as I recall...  but we were able to stay far enough ahead of it to not have to miss any ports.  There were special events that usually don't happen on your every day cruise.  One notable event was a special party with crew members up on the pool deck one night.  That was really special 🙂 

I think there is a significant difference between back-to-back cruises and cruises that are purchased as 14 or 15 or more days from the outset.

The most obvious is that EVERYONE is cruising for the full length of the cruise, so you tend to meet and get to know people better when you can spend a longer time with them.  

Also, the crew tends to offer interesting activities that you might not get to see on your average length cruise.  

Typically, on longer length cruises you don't repeat ports either, which may happen on back-to-back  cruises.

• Like 1

Our longest was a 14-day B2B (sold as a 14-day, but consisting of an 8 day + a 6 day). We upgraded to the Haven at the last minute, and really got the chance to know the crew a lot better. It was one of the best cruises we ever took. 

We've got a 10-day coming up in March, which I hear is a sweet spot on length. We usually do 7 days, but I always want more...

Longest NCL 32 days around South America.  Longest overall 51 days Rotterdam to Singapore including 14 days Indonesia on HAL. Would have been quite happy to stay aboard.

just booked 78 days R/T Bristol, England down and around Africa on the CMV Marco Polo.  Only 14+ months to wait to board.

Love, ❤️, love long cruises. 

2 hours ago, heelfan94 said:

14 days coming up.  I'm curious to see if I'm any more ready to come home than after a 7 day.

I was ready to come home after 14. I felt like I had gained 200 pounds and been away for a long time. Part of me wanted to stay, but part of me figured it'd be best if I went home.

I'd do a longer cruise—provided I could ever build up enough time off at work to do so—but I'd have to pace myself completely differently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcipjr said:

I was ready to come home after 14. I felt like I had gained 200 pounds and been away for a long time. Part of me wanted to stay, but part of me figured it'd be best if I went home.

I'd do a longer cruise—provided I could ever build up enough time off at work to do so—but I'd have to pace myself completely differently.

14 days seems like a long time.  I think you're right that it's about pacing yourself on everything from food to fun.  I will carry that thought along with me. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

Years ago, my longest was 17 days on HAL's Rotterdam. Then it was 19 days on the Grand Princess from Ft. Lauderdale to Buenos Aires. But I was able to top that with the NCL Sun, Chile to San Francisco 20 days.

Would not leave home for anything under 10 days.

On the same ship,  longest has been 35 days.   But,  I frequently jump around ships,  with maybe a day or 2 in between.   I'm currently gone from first week of Sept,  and won't be back until just before Thanksgiving.   I do run home at least every 70 days,  due to my annual international  medical policy.   :)   I'm fortunate to cruise at least every month.   (plenty of fantastic deals out there)  

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 2:44 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

Until now, my longest is 7 nights. 

We are booked on an 11 nighter boarding in 30 days.  I wonder how much different it will be than a week long cruise.  A week feels just about the right cruise length to me based on my previous sailings.  

When you get used to the little longer cruises you hardly want to go back to 7 day cruises. The longest we have taken was 12 days. 10 days is perfect for us. The first 10 day one we took was combined with a few days in London, then 5 days in Poland, back to London, then cruised to NYC and spent 2 nights thiere. We had a great time but I will admit we were certainly glad to get home. 

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, havanadaydreaming said:

Until now, my longest is 7 nights. 

We are booked on an 11 nighter boarding in 30 days.  I wonder how much different it will be than a week long cruise.  A week feels just about the right cruise length to me based on my previous sailings.  

7-Eleven ...like you, my longest is 7 going to Eleven

In 36 days, can't wait.

11 days is our longest to date (not counting B2Bs) down the Mexican Riviera.  We have a 15-day Panama Canal scheduled for March 2019 and a 19-day TA out of Copenhagen for Oct 2019.  We have done 2 B2B's, however, we did one ship for week 1 and a different ship for week 2 both times.  On these next two, it will be nice not to have to pack and unpack twice.

My longest HAL cruise was a 29-day transpacific (Japan, South Korea & North Pacific Crossing). However, my longest cruise ever was a 49-day circumnavigation of South America Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco on Princess.

Back from our 1st TA a few weeks ago- 14 nights for the cruise, gone total of 20. Longest vacation so far but am hooked! Next year’s TA on Epic is 16 nights, likely will be 24N when adding pre and post stays. Can see myself getting addicted to these long trips! Eying a 20N MSC TA in 2020 that I’d love to combine with a Mediterranean cruise once schedules are released. Inspired by others on these boards! 

Was shocked we only gained 1-2 pounds!! I did pace myself more than when traveling on 7N’s, but we ate well and enjoyed plenty of adult beverages. Perhaps related to decreased stress hormones?? They can play havoc with our bodies.