Live from Golden Princess

VK3DQ

I was on her for 3 nights prior to this cruise and I got chocolates every night as well. But with food being subjective ; we were happy with the dinners and lunch in Club Class. With it being such a short cruise and club class only a few steps away from our Window suites I don't think we ate at the buffet. Although we did venture up for a cup of tea and something sweet to eat one afternoon......

On board the Golden heading down the bay. Very easy checkin, on board and dropped our bags in cabin before heading to Donatello’s for lunch. We both had roast beef which was very tender and delicious. Fruit plate for dessert. Not many eating lunch in the dining room. Friends were told dining rooms were closed and to go to the buffet. We are meeting them for dinner in an hour or so. Looking forward to our meal, starting to get hungry. 

It will probably be in Dunedin before I have a chance to post again.

Leigh

42 minutes ago, possum52 said:

On board the Golden heading down the bay. Very easy checkin, on board and dropped our bags in cabin before heading to Donatello’s for lunch. We both had roast beef which was very tender and delicious. Fruit plate for dessert. Not many eating lunch in the dining room. Friends were told dining rooms were closed and to go to the buffet. We are meeting them for dinner in an hour or so. Looking forward to our meal, starting to get hungry. 

It will probably be in Dunedin before I have a chance to post again.

Leigh

I have found that most of the staff direct people to the buffet even if you ask if the MDR is open. They just don't know. Have a great cruise, enjoy.

6 hours ago, Thorpe said:

I was on her for 3 nights prior to this cruise and I got chocolates every night as well. But with food being subjective ; we were happy with the dinners and lunch in Club Class. With it being such a short cruise and club class only a few steps away from our Window suites I don't think we ate at the buffet. Although we did venture up for a cup of tea and something sweet to eat one afternoon......

Yup those window suites are very nice 

This is Bad .. having to make ones own coffee in the morning

And I had to cook for the girls last night.. Pork chop well grilled , Roast Spuds Peas and Gravy.. and they eat the LOT

you would have thought the cruise would have slowed them just a little ..but no! 

I am really interested in how others see the "food" thing

One aspect regarding the crew , we do tip a little extra when we get special attention  but one cannot tip everyone , the best we can do for the crew is to ensure they have jobs , by doing more cruises 

the car mob say my laptop will be returned hopefully this morning   ...they did not turn up last evening , and of course I am to pay another fare to return it

(I was going to slip the driver $100 last night but thats not going to happen now as he failed to turn up last night as agreed)

I bet Goldens crew members would have had it back to me in a flash!  

Regards

John

12 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

ITs not the food that really annoys me, so much as flashing me card and still being asked to pay for my Diet Coke, even at the RSL.

What gets me that I have come back from a cruise and LOST .34KG  Point 34 I have been starving 🙂

Who was the Executive Chef on your cruise VK3DQ?  I'm curious.  If he is the one I've had on 2 of my Golden Princess cruises, his work was dire. 

I'll see your .34Kg loss and raise you 1Kg loss on each cruise as I experienced.  :classic_cool: 

But I no complain. :classic_wink:

15 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

What gets me that I have come back from a cruise and LOST .34KG  Point 34 I have been starving 🙂

John old son, did you devour half a dozen of the famous Princess dinner rolls in the MDR in order to maintain thy weight?