Cursive font too thin and faint

10 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

At Davekathy’s prompting I took a look in my iPad at posts which are written using the new cursive font which are hard to read.  They suggestion I adjust my background color but I can’t figure out how to do that.

EACE5C2B-6D9D-4586-9B70-48B63D4FDE80.png

CC IT gurus...the example of the font I used in my post cruisestitch provided is not what I used. That is cursive and I used Comic Scans. It appears your latest upgrade is not compatible with all devices. BTW I always use a laptop and always elected to type in Comic Scans before your latest upgrade. Never any issues.

44 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The font styles are not the problem. CCs new version is not compatible with some devices. No issues using a laptop. As you must be aware it has been reported. 

Would you enumerate the devices which are incompatible with CC please.

46 minutes ago, broberts said:

Would you enumerate the devices which are incompatible with CC please.

Only from what I've read on CC it's an issue with those using Tablets and iPhones (IOS and Android devices). Are you having issues? What are you using? All my posts are done on a laptop typed in Comic Sans, 18 point. 

Edited by davekathy

It is a problem with the way the mobile site renders the font.  Knowing that, I don't understand why those who are using that particular font won't switch to something else that would make it easier for all to read.  Comic Sans is terrible for a lot of reasons outside of this particular issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Only from what I've read on CC it's an issue with those using Tablets and iPhones (IOS and Android devices). Are you having issues? What are you using? All my posts are done on a laptop typed in Comic Sans, 18 point. 

Why do you insist on using this. Looks fine on laptop, but crap on a phone.  Just scroll over it I guess

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Unbelievable. You claimed that "CCs new version is not compatible with some devices". Yet you cannot provide the name of single device that supports the statement. In other words there is NO evidence that CC is incompatible with some devices.

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

Unbelievable. You claimed that "CCs new version is not compatible with some devices". Yet you cannot provide the name of single device that supports the statement. In other words there is NO evidence that CC is incompatible with some devices.

That font is definitely incompatible with my S9. 

Unless its supposed to look like crap.

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That font is definitely incompatible with my S9. 

Unless its supposed to look like crap.

Incompatible means it doesn't work. Some systems do not have Comic Sans MS and map it to a different font. The text still displays. It is still readable.

25 minutes ago, broberts said:

Incompatible means it doesn't work. Some systems do not have Comic Sans MS and map it to a different font. The text still displays. It is still readable.

It looks way different, barely readable.  Incompatible with my eyes. Anyone using it is just being contrarian. It serves no purpose

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It looks way different, barely readable.  Incompatible with my eyes. Anyone using it is just being contrarian. It serves no purpose

There are those in the industry who reckon that "serves no purpose" describes Comic Sans pretty well. It's a laughing stock in many quarters.

But the real question is whether a particular device which doesn't show Comic Sans on CC but presents a different (and difficult-to-read) font will actually show Comic Sans on other websites. If the device never shows Comic Sans because it doesn't have it, then that's surely the device's fault, not CC's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

There are those in the industry who reckon that "serves no purpose" describes Comic Sans pretty well. It's a laughing stock in many quarters.

But the real question is whether a particular device which doesn't show Comic Sans on CC but presents a different (and difficult-to-read) font will actually show Comic Sans on other websites. If the device never shows Comic Sans because it doesn't have it, then that's surely the device's fault, not CC's.

On the laptop now. It's just another type.  However 18 pt is irritatingly large. In any font. How about 8. Why is that even available? 

Just because you can, does not mean you should.  No different than folks posting selfies and dogs in the Member Galleries.  If you know it's wrong, you quit doing it. 😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, broberts said:

Not unbelievable. I'm just telling you what I've read here on CC and those using the devices I posted that are having the issues with Comic Sans. If you can't find the posts referencing the issues that's on you.  If you are having difficulty whine to CC about it. That's what this forum is for, not me! I don't have a dog in this fight.

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

Comic Sans worked on all devices before the latest CC revision. 😏

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Why do you insist on using this. Looks fine on laptop, but crap on a phone.  Just scroll over it I guess

Problem solved. Use your laptop. I choose to use my laptop and not my phone. It's all about choices. 

Edited by davekathy

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Problem solved. Use your laptop. In choose to use my laptop and not my phone. It's all about choices. 

I can read it now. I'd hate to miss out on your wisdom

Edited by John&LaLa