Are printed boarding passes essential?

Jevsy

Due to travel on Horizon very soon, we are from UK and haven't been able to access and print our boarding passes! I have been in contact with Carnival UK and they have been trying to sort an IT issue for over 3 weeks now unsuccessfully! They say that  'strangely it is a UK issue but only if it is Horizon booked!!" Well we have Sensation booked too but just cannot log on to the carnival site at all and haven't been able to do so for 6-8 weeks now! Just get the below message "Don't worry. Be Happy" but I'm not!! :classic_angry:  

Our travel agent and the girl I spoke to at CCL UK say just take passports...... I guess booking confirmation too?! And what about luggage labels? :classic_unsure:

IMG_3318.thumb.jpg.b7ebc488e838a1b0417f2b285ba1a838.jpg

You can get luggage tags at the embarkation port, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. Can they email you your boarding passes? You will need a boarding pass in order to be able to make purchases when you first board, until the cabins are ready and you can get your S&S cards. 

19 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Am I the only one who has trouble reading the OP’s post because of the font used?

OP's post appears exactly like all the others to me.

To the OP, have you tried clearing your browser cache, or accessing your Carnival account from a different computer?

You'll be fine boarding the ship as long as you have your passport ... just may take a little bit longer.

Luggage tags are provided for those who need  them by the porters.

Enjoy your cruise!  :classic_cool:

Edited by OCruisers

9 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

If your ship has implemented the system of picking up your S&S cards in your mailbox once cabins are ready, you will need your boarding pass to make purchases until you get your S&S card.

I would think that in that case they would print out boarding passes at the port when they do check in.

32 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

To the OP, have you tried clearing your browser cache, or accessing your Carnival account from a different computer?

Yes I did that thank you and Carnival acknowledge it isn't just me but a general uk issue. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Am I the only one who has trouble reading the OP’s post because of the font used?

It is hard to read on my small-screened mobile. The front is not clear. It also seems lighter in color.  I have to make it bigger. but then it doesn't all fit on the screen at once and I need to maneuver it around. I dont always read the post if it doesn't apply to me. 

7 minutes ago, martinchem said:

I have been showing me edocs on my phone the last three years, no issue whatsoever

We don't have that facility either and can't access anything full stop. I know on some US cruise company sites they have digital boarding passes but not applicable to UK cruisers. 

35 minutes ago, firemanbobswife said:

You will also get a link to an electronic boarding pass the day/night before your cruise as well. You can use that if you can’t print one. 

It's not the inability to print....can't get beyond the 'Don't worry be happy' page! 

2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

OP's post appears exactly like all the others to me.

If you view the OP's post on a mobile phone, the font is this funny cursive font that is definitely hard to read.  It looks almost normal on a laptop, however.

57 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

If you view the OP's post on a mobile phone, the font is this funny cursive font that is definitely hard to read.  It looks almost normal on a laptop, however.

I'm using Chrome on a mobile phone.

Edited by bury me at sea