Live From the Star Princess Hawaii R/T November 4, 2018

Woobstr112G

45773966062_4cd78f86b1.jpg.cdf52c0ad3c24bb3e0e418f037b13af0.jpg

Good evening from the Star Princess.  We are about 45 minutes from sailing.  Holli and I had a great time with some other cruisers on a dinner cruise.  It was a very good time.  

Today onboard, MUTS showed a Carol King concert, a Michael Bubble' concert, and a UB 40 concert.  There was Karaoke Madness in the Vista Lounge @ 1930.  There was a Honolulu Folkloric Show with Halau Hula Olana in the Princess Theater @ 1900 & 2045 hours.

That's all for now as I'm kinda tired.....🙂🙂🙂

Bob

4 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good evening from the Star Princess.  We are about 45 minutes from sailing.  Holli and I had a great time with some other cruisers on a dinner cruise.  It was a very good time.  

Today onboard, MUTS showed a Carol King concert, a Michael Bubble' concert, and a UB 40 concert.  There was Karaoke Madness in the Vista Lounge @ 1930.  There was a Honolulu Folkloric Show with Halau Hula Olana in the Princess Theater @ 1900 & 2045 hours.

Bob

Bob,

you are so kind to take your time to share and I can’t tell you how much it it helping. Was the dinner cruise the one they Princess on the catamaran? May I inquire what other activities did you do in Honolulu. Thanks again!!

6 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

Hey Bob, the dinner cruise idea looks great.  Could you please provide details?  

1451292870_SailingtoKauai_03.thumb.jpg.af6dc68d8abaf64e334ad5b7a67d4d1d.jpg

Good morning from the Star Princess (0700 Local Time) as we sail towards Nawiliwili Kauai. We are due to dock at 0800.  Today Holli & I have a air excursion planned that I arranged privately.  A bit of disappointment with the excursion as we were originally scheduled to fly in an open cockpit bi-plane.  When we docked in Hilo, I got a call from the tour operator that the plane was down for maintenance.  We opted to take a private tour, still with company, in a regular plane.  Oh well.  The excursion is scheduled for the early afternoon so we will have the morning free on the ship.  

Today on the ship, MUTS will be showing an NFL game Seattle vs the Rams) @1100, a Sam Smith concert at 1800, and the movie "Hearts Beat Loud @1915 & 2115. Tonight in the Vista Lounge a Michael Bubl'e tribute by Jonathan Scott Roth @2000 & 2145.  In the Princess Theater there will be "Variety Showtime" staring Dan Horn @1900 & 2100.

Hope all are well.....🙂🙂🙂

Bob

2 hours ago, Anubi said:

Hey Bob, the dinner cruise idea looks great.  Could you please provide details?  

Wanda;

It was a Princess based shore excursion.  The tour operator was "Atlantis" the same people who do the submarine excursions.....🙂🙂🙂

Bob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FSUgal said:

Bob,

you are so kind to take your time to share and I can’t tell you how much it it helping. Was the dinner cruise the one they Princess on the catamaran? May I inquire what other activities did you do in Honolulu. Thanks again!!

It was a Princess excursion, but it was on a three deck dinner cruise ship and not a catamaran.....🙂🙂🙂

Bob

21 minutes ago, eyegirl said:

Bob,

How is the internet speed on the ship? Trying to decide which package to buy for our cruise right after yours.

Thanks

Overall, not too bad.  We are in B748 and I was able to get a decent signal the first couple of days without propping open my front door to get a decent signal.  Getting a signal on my balcony was a little problematic at times.....

Bob

Just wanted to mention something that I'm sure will make most everyone say; "Wow!"  I was just down at the Captain's Circle Desk taking care of an issue with Holli's Captain Circle status.  After I finished my business I stopped by the future cruise consultant and asked her about the two "Sky Suites" to debut on the Sky and also, in 2020, on the Enchanted Princes.  Is everyone sitting down?  If you aren't, please do.  All four suites are waitlisted and the price is $24,199.00 per person.....😮😮😮

Bob

2 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Just wanted to mention something that I'm sure will make most everyone say; "Wow!"  I was just down at the Captain's Circle Desk taking care of an issue with Holli's Captain Circle status.  After I finished my business I stopped by the future cruise consultant and asked her about the two "Sky Suites" to debut on the Sky and also, in 2020, on the Enchanted Princes.  Is everyone sitting down?  If you aren't, please do.  All four suites are waitlisted and the price is $24,199.00 per person.....😮😮😮

Bob

Holy *&%$.  Add another 30% for Canadian exchange and that's really redonkulous.   Wow just doesn't cut it.  We will be on the Sky in 2020; hopefully the people in the Sky Suite will do the cabin crawl.    BTW - that dinner cruise isn't listed in our excursions.  No matter, we can do it ourselves.  

12 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Holy *&%$.  Add another 30% for Canadian exchange and that's really redonkulous.   Wow just doesn't cut it.  We will be on the Sky in 2020; hopefully the people in the Sky Suite will do the cabin crawl.    BTW - that dinner cruise isn't listed in our excursions.  No matter, we can do it ourselves.  

That’s just crazy! 

And yes the only dinner cruise I can find is the cat. Thanks!

58 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

I could practically do a World Cruise solo in an inside for that... Too rich for my blood!

Hi have been following your trip as we are on Star from BA on 2/28.  I see you are using cc dining as you are in a suite. What dining room are they currently using?

Also We we have good wine lovers traveling with us and I thought I saw that the new wine list on the Star is the  same as the Caribbean Princess can you speak to that. Lastly have you noticed any deferred maintainance issues such as hot water troubles and the like?

Again thanks for your posting it is most helpful and interesting. Enjoy the rest of your trip

chris

1 hour ago, chrisinaz said:

Hi have been following your trip as we are on Star from BA on 2/28.  I see you are using cc dining as you are in a suite. What dining room are they currently using?

Also We we have good wine lovers traveling with us and I thought I saw that the new wine list on the Star is the  same as the Caribbean Princess can you speak to that. Lastly have you noticed any deferred maintainance issues such as hot water troubles and the like?

Again thanks for your posting it is most helpful and interesting. Enjoy the rest of your trip

chris

Hello Chris.  Yes, I am in a suite (Grand Suite B748).  We've only been to the MDR (CC) a couple of times.  The first time the service was very slow and the staff, while good, was somewhat impersonal (just my observations).  The second time was much better.  The "Extra" items on the menu were Escargot one night as an appetizer and an addition main course item that escapes my memory right now.  DW and I haven't decided if we are going to the MDR tonight.  If I do, I will let you know.  The CC dining is in a section of the Portofino dining room. 

As far as deferred maintenance issues go, I must say that I was impressed when we first boarded on the condition of this 16 year old ship.  I always see crew members cleaning when I am out and about.  Sure there is some rust here and there, but this old gal is in the water 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I would definitely sail on her again if not for the fact it seems like she'll be transferred to P&O in 2020.

Hopes this helps.....😊😊😊

Bob

8 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

Just curious, How long is the cruise for that price?

Morning.thumb.jpg.408fe97b5d8790ac42718ca514994b49.jpg

Good morning (0628 local time) from the Star Princess.  We are about 30 minutes from tendering off Lahaina.  Today Holli and I hope to meet up with a former coworker, who moved to Maui after retirement, for lunch.  We also hope to do a little walking around and shop for some souvenirs.

Last night we dined once again in Sabatinis.  I had a different plan of attack this time in that I did not gorge myself on the wonderful bread you get before dinner.  This worked out well as when dinner was completed, I was not overly full.  The service and food were once again outstanding.  The head waiter took a liking to Holli and invited us back one more time, before the end of the cruise, on the house.  I can honestly say that I really like the new Sabatinis.  I will definitely take advantage of it on future Princess cruises.  

The entertainment today onboard is as follows. On MUTS there is a NFL game (Giants vs the 49'ers) @ 1515, and a movie "Ant Man" @ 1830 & 2100.  There is a "Love Boat Disco Dance Party at the Neptune Pool @ 1700. Tonight in the Princess Theater, a show by British singer "Alison Ward" @ 1900 & 2100.  

That's all for now, hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

13 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

Just curious, How long is the cruise for that price?

Not exactly sure as I did not ask the future cruise consultant the exact itinerary.  I am assuming it is for either the 28 day T/A this year on the Sky and the 25 Day T/A next year on the Enchanted.....😊😊😊

Bob

316942283_SailawayFromMaui_14.thumb.jpg.ea3e25344a30e60709a8afbcdaf86093.jpg

Good evening from the Star Princess.  We sailed away from Lahaina Maui about an hour ago.  Today Holli & I met up with a former coworker of ours for lunch who had retired and moved from the mainland to Lahaina.  It was great to see him after about 7 or 8 years.  and catch up on old times while enjoying a great lunch at Kimo's.  After we said our goodbyes, Holli & I did a little souvenir shopping before heading back to the ship.  

Tonight onboard we plan to hang out in the room and order a pizza.  Tomorrow starts the best part of a cruise for me; a bunch of sea days in a row (5) before we reach our final port stop in Ensenada.  

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob