Live From the Star Princess Hawaii R/T November 4, 2018

Woobstr112G

40 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

316942283_SailawayFromMaui_14.thumb.jpg.ea3e25344a30e60709a8afbcdaf86093.jpg

Good evening from the Star Princess.  We sailed away from Lahaina Maui about an hour ago.  Today Holli & I met up with a former coworker of ours for lunch who had retired and moved from the mainland to Lahaina.  It was great to see him after about 7 or 8 years.  and catch up on old times while enjoying a great lunch at Kimo's.  After we said our goodbyes, Holli & I did a little souvenir shopping before heading back to the ship.  

Tonight onboard we plan to hang out in the room and order a pizza.  Tomorrow starts the best part of a cruise for me; a bunch of sea days in a row (5) before we reach our final port stop in Ensenada.  

Hope all are well.....😊😊😊

Bob

Hi Bob, I like this photo better 😁

Tony

1F9F62B6-A2EC-489F-8E97-2F0EF699D244.jpeg

741847268_AtSeaSailingtoEndanada_02.thumb.jpg.57698ae0ef95f379f3db1aeb991ed271.jpg

Good morning from the Star Princess.  We are enjoying our first full sea day of five as we sail towards Ensenada.  We lost an hour this morning so instead of it being 0640, it is 0olli 740. & I will be headed to Sabatinis for breakfast around 0900.  After that, not much on tap for today other than me heading to the gym in the early afternoon.  

A sign that the cruise is coming to an end was we got the dreaded "Disembarkation Questionnaire" in last night:classic_sad:.  I also went down to passenger services and exchanged some money to smaller bills for tips.

That's about all for now.  I'll check in later.

Bob

1 hour ago, SHIVEOH said:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for taking time to share all this - it has been great.  We are boarding when you get back for the next cruise, so it has been most helpful.  How was the weather on the transit from LA to Hawaii?  Thanks again.

Dave

Hello Dave.  The weather was great for the entire four days.  As we got closer to Hilo, it did get a little humid.  The seas the first night were somewhat choppy....😊😊😊

Bob

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Hello Dave.  The weather was great for the entire four days.  As we got closer to Hilo, it did get a little humid.  The seas the first night were somewhat choppy....😊😊😊

Bob

Somewhat choppy?  Didn't you say that when the Ruby hit a wave so bad that we heard dishes crashing to the floor in the kitchen at Sabitinis??  Oh no, wait... you said it was somewhat lively.  Excuse me for messing that up.  LOL 

Thank you for taking the time to write up your daily review.  I have enjoyed following along as we will be on the Star for 28 days next March sailing to Hawaii, Samoa and Tahiti.  Were show times adjusted to accommodate the new dining times?  Currently have early dining which is now 5pm,  prefer 6 but will wait until we’re onboard before deciding to change it to 7:15.  

4 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Thank you for taking the time to write up your daily review.  I have enjoyed following along as we will be on the Star for 28 days next March sailing to Hawaii, Samoa and Tahiti.  Were show times adjusted to accommodate the new dining times?  Currently have early dining which is now 5pm,  prefer 6 but will wait until we’re onboard before deciding to change it to 7:15.  

Showtimes were usually 1900 & 2100 in the Princess Theater.  It would be hard, even if you skipped a course or two, to make it to a show you wanted to see.  Don't forget you usually have to arrive 30-45 minutes early to find a better seat.  

Bob

5 hours ago, Anubi said:

Somewhat choppy?  Didn't you say that when the Ruby hit a wave so bad that we heard dishes crashing to the floor in the kitchen at Sabitinis??  Oh no, wait... you said it was somewhat lively.  Excuse me for messing that up.  LOL 

Wanda;

You say potato, I say Patato.....:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Bob

• Haha 1

11163479_AtSeaSailingtoEndanada_08.thumb.jpg.b12ee232b3a87c091ff392059059a2c8.jpg

An early good evening from the Star Princess as we continue to sail to Ensenada.  Holli just got back from her hair appointment and we are now going to get ready for our second formal night tonight.  While in the Lotus Spa, Holli did experience some pitching of products.  The sell wasn't too hard so she decided to purchase a few items.

We are going to dine in CC tonight because they have lobster on the menu.  After dinner we may go to Crooners for an after dinner beverage or we might just return to the cabin.  haven't decided which one as yet though.

Today onboard, MUTS showed Hotel Transylvania 3 at 1015, Dirty Dancing at 1500, and Mission Impossible at 1700 and 2000.  "Voices of the Ocean Audition #2 will be in Explorers at 2100.  The production show "Stardust" will be in the Princess Theater at 1900 and 2100.

That's al for now.  I'll probably check in later when we return to the cabin after dinner.

Bob

On 11/11/2018 at 11:15 AM, Woobstr112G said:

Just wanted to mention something that I'm sure will make most everyone say; "Wow!"  I was just down at the Captain's Circle Desk taking care of an issue with Holli's Captain Circle status.  After I finished my business I stopped by the future cruise consultant and asked her about the two "Sky Suites" to debut on the Sky and also, in 2020, on the Enchanted Princes.  Is everyone sitting down?  If you aren't, please do.  All four suites are waitlisted and the price is $24,199.00 per person.....😮😮😮

Bob

Holy dollar signs Batman!  I am so glad I snagged a sky suite on the Sky Princess for what now seems to be an incredibly reasonable rate. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

On 11/11/2018 at 5:30 PM, Woobstr112G said:

I'd pay money, to see it on a cabin crawl.....:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Bob

Bob

We are on the 7day eastern Caribbean cruise, Sky Princess in a Sky suite December 14, 2019. If you’d like to join us on our 270 degree wrap around deck for sail away let me know. I think we’d get along. 

1814615088_AtSeaSailingtoEndanada_14.thumb.jpg.77325dd26f11eee51d167857568a428a.jpg

Good afternoon (1520 local time) as we are well into our second full sea day of five sailing to Ensenada.  Didn't post earlier because I got a little late start this morning.  Holli & I had a quick breakfast in Sabatinis before trotting off to our second Meet & Greet.  Believe it or not, Captain Tuvo requested that we have a second one because his time with us during our first M&G was cut short.  He showed up and spent about an hour and a half answering all questions and talking to us in a very down to earth fashion.  He even said he's talk to the entertainment director about the Princess Theater show times and how they make it hard for late seating diners to see a show.  Prior to sailing with Captain Tuvo, I thought Captain Tony "McCharming" Yeomans was the best captain I had ever sailed with.  While I would not hesitate to sail with him again (alas I believe he is retired), I now think Captain Tuvo is by far the best Captain I have ever sailed with.

Last night, Holli & I had dinner in Club Class.  The entire staff, to include the head waiter, welcomed us back and did everything to ensure we had a great dining experience.  I had Chateaubriand.  Holli had the lobster tail that she thoroughly enjoyed.

Tonight for dinner we plan to hang out in our cabin and order a pizza.  Tomorrow night we are doing the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and Friday we plan to dine once again in Sabatinis as guests of the head waiter.

Today on MUTS there was the movie "South Pacific" at 0930, Jumanji at 1500, a Lady Gaga concert at 1700, and Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle at 1800 & 2100.  Olena Zhumyk will be performing a show called "My Life In Music" in the Vista Lounge at 2000 & 2145 in the Vista Lounge and comedian Doug Funk will be performing in the Priness Theater at 1900 & 2100.

Bob

• Like 1

119446391_AtSeaSailingtoEndanada_17.thumb.jpg.29af502ffe2bb20a367a18a1856c68e8.jpg

Good morning (0635 hours) from the Star Princess.  We are beginning our third full sea day of five as we sail towards Ensenada.  Weather looks a little ominous at the moment but no rain so far.  We are cruising at about 19 knots and the seas are just a little above calm at the moment.  

Holli has come down with a case of the sniffles so we haven't decided if we will be going to breakfast later at Sabatinis.  We may just order some stuff from the MDR breakfast menu.  One quick subjective mention about food.  Earlier I was a little hungry so I decided to grab something small from the HC when it opened for breakfast.  I chose a couple of hot dishes that were basically inedible due to the fact they were cold.  Remember, food is a very subjective thing and I'm just reporting on my experience.

Today on board, MUTS will be showing "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" at 1000, a Santana concert at 1500, the movie "I feel Pretty" at 2000, and a "Jeff Lynne's ELO Concert" at 2200.  Comedian ventriloquist Dan Horn will perform in the Vista Lounge at 2000 & 2145.  Performer Andrew John Diessner will be performing in the Princess Theater at 1900 & 2100.

Holli and I are looking forward to experiencing our Ultimate Balcony Dinner later tonight.  We've experienced on a number of previous cruises and have always enjoyed it.

That's all for now.

Bob

1 hour ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Hope Holi is feeling better.

One would think that if they change the dining times it would have been obvious to change the show times as well.

Thanks for the pictures and your review.

Thanks for the good thoughts for Holli.  I will pass them on to here.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

Bob- thanks for the report, enjoyed reading them.   How was the tendering in Maui?   We were on the Star Hawaii run right before yours and the time for the return tender was 90 minutes at 2:30.   Hope yours was better.  Cheers.