Live From the Star Princess Hawaii R/T November 4, 2018

Woobstr112G

Good morning from the Star Princess.  We are currently sailing slowly up the channel (San Pedro) to our birth.  Sorry, but a little too dark for a picture.  Holli & I will be leaving our cabin by 0830 to the Vista Lounge where will wait for our number to be called.  After we clear customs and retrieve our luggage, I’ll give my sister a call who will then come and pick us up.  

Going to be hard to leave our cabin and this wonderful ship.  I guess I’ll just have to get motivated for our next cruise.  Currently we have a Cali Coastal on the Emerald (I think) planned for March and the inaugural T/A in November on the newly launched Sky Princess.  Our plans though for 2019 are somewhat in flux as Holli may need some surges that involve some substantial recovery time.  I also have the inaugural T/A booked on the Enchanted  (2020) mainly as a back up for my 2019 plans should they need to be canceled.

Hope all are well.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good morning from the Star Princess.  We are currently sailing slowly up the channel (San Pedro) to our birth.  Sorry, but a little too dark for a picture.  Holli & I will be leaving our cabin by 0830 to the Vista Lounge where will wait for our number to be called.  After we clear customs and retrieve our luggage, I’ll give my sister a call who will then come and pick us up.  

Going to be hard to leave our cabin and this wonderful ship.  I guess I’ll just have to get motivated for our next cruise.  Currently we have a Cali Coastal on the Emerald (I think) planned for March and the inaugural T/A in November on the newly launched Sky Princess.  Our plans though for 2019 are somewhat in flux as Holli may need some surges that involve some substantial recovery time.  I also have the inaugural T/A booked on the Enchanted  (2020) mainly as a back up for my 2019 plans should they need to be canceled.

Bob

Aloha!

GREAT live thread...made me jealous/sad that Leialoha and I weren’t there! I may be biased, but I have always thought this is one of the very best itineraries out there...combining relaxing sea days and great ports. Mahalos for taking the time to share!

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave 

(Of Elua)

www.facebook.com/eluamusic

www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Hi Bob. Thanks for taking us along. I’m glad that Dave just chimed in because I was going to ask about the Hawaiian activities. Can you tell me what kind of things the Hawaiian Ambassadors were offering. Ukulele lessons? What else?

Jim

On 10/30/2018 at 11:02 PM, Woobstr112G said:

A late good evening from Palmdale Ca.  DW & I will be leaving on Friday for a two night stay at the Doubletree in a San Pedro before boarding the Star Ptincess on Sunday for our cruise to Hawaii.  Decided to start this live from a little early so I could report on our stay in San Pedro before boarding and to start compiling a list of questions fellow CC’ers might have.

We’ve been looking forward to this cruise since we booked it last July.  Over a year of working cruise fund overtime at work has allowed me to book the Grand Suite:classic_smile:.  I am so ready to go.  

Over the next two days I’ll be doing a bunch of last minute stuff to get ready.   Tomorrow I’ll be finish up my packing and making a few last minute cruise related purchases.  

Fire away way with any questions you might have.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

We’ve done this cruise from San Francisco many times.      :classic_smile:  

Did you learn how to play the ukulele, and dance hula?

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Good afternoon all from Palmdale Ca.  Well Holli & I made it home safe after picking up Misha from his K 9 hotel.  Getting off the ship was fairly uneventful.  One new thing I had yet to experience was we no longer have to fill out a customs form unless we had something to declare.  I do not know if this is for all points of entry though.

Regarding Hawaiian activities, I remember reading that there were lei making lessons along with ukulele lessons.  Don’t remember anything else.  In any case, I will be scanning the all of the patters, and posting them, along with  my pictures, to my Flickr site.  When I am done, I’ll let everyone know.

Bob

6 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good afternoon all from Palmdale Ca.  Well Holli & I made it home safe after picking up Misha from his K 9 hotel.  Getting off the ship was fairly uneventful.  One new thing I had yet to experience was we no longer have to fill out a customs form unless we had something to declare.  I do not know if this is for all points of entry though.

Regarding Hawaiian activities, I remember reading that there were lei making lessons along with ukulele lessons.  Don’t remember anything else.  In any case, I will be scanning the all of the patters, and posting them, along with  my pictures, to my Flickr site.  When I am done, I’ll let everyone know.

Bob

Glad you are home and well!  Thank you for the gifts - very much appreciated.  Gerardo is a jewel!

Gosh this cabin is huge - we already got lost twice!   Spot on about Sabatini's - David and Angeline wonderful.

we likely won't do much Live from but will check in.

The sea is smooth tonight - quarter moon is fuzzy in the fog - time for bed after a long day.  Seems to be a cheerful group aboard.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, Ferd Berfle said:

Glad you are home and well!  Thank you for the gifts - very much appreciated.  Gerardo is a jewel!

Gosh this cabin is huge - we already got lost twice!   Spot on about Sabatini's - David and Angeline wonderful.

we likely won't do much Live from but will check in.

The sea is smooth tonight - quarter moon is fuzzy in the fog - time for bed after a long day.  Seems to be a cheerful group aboard.

I thought you might like them.....:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Bob

I created my Star Princess Hawaiian Cruise album on my flickr page.  I also uploaded a few ship photos.  I don't really have the time to do more now. When I get some time (Sunday I think), I will add more pictures after I scan and upload the patters.  I'll also add a bunch of tags for the album.  For future reference, the link to the individual album is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25882507@N08/albums/72157673737202007

Bob

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

I created my Star Princess Hawaiian Cruise album on my flickr page.  I also uploaded a few ship photos.  I don't really have the time to do more now. When I get some time (Sunday I think), I will add more pictures after I scan and upload the patters.  I'll also add a bunch of tags for the album.  For future reference, the link to the individual album is:

Bob

Hi Bob and Holli,

I’m looking forward and can’t wait to see all your photos from the cruise. 

Thank You,

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

11 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

A late good evening from Palmdale Ca.  DW & I will be leaving on Friday for a two night stay at the Doubletree in a San Pedro before boarding the Star Ptincess on Sunday for our cruise to Hawaii.  Decided to start this live from a little early so I could report on our stay in San Pedro before boarding and to start compiling a list of questions fellow CC’ers might have.

We’ve been looking forward to this cruise since we booked it last July.  Over a year of working cruise fund overtime at work has allowed me to book the Grand Suite:classic_smile:.  I am so ready to go.  

Over the next two days I’ll be doing a bunch of last minute stuff to get ready.   Tomorrow I’ll be finish up my packing and making a few last minute cruise related purchases.  

Fire away way with any questions you might have.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

Nice photos of the ship.    

How did you manage to take photos without people in them?’

Did you participate in any onboard activities related to Hawaiian culture?   Like ukulele lessons, hula, lei making, cultural enrichment talks?  Did the ship have any Hawaiian food?   Were there a lot of activities related to Hawaiian history and culture?

Do you remember who were the Hawaiian Ambassadors?

King

Bob

Nice photos of the ship.    

Did you take any of the ship sponsored shore excursions?’

Your favorites?

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Bob

Nice photos of the ship.    

Early in the morning when everyone’s ashore?

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Bob

Nice photos of the ship.    

What kind of camera did you use?

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Bob

Nice photos of the ship.    

Did you participate in any onboard activities related to Hawaiian culture?   Like ukulele lessons, hula, lei making, cultural enrichment talks?  Did the ship have any Hawaiian food?   Were there a lot of activities related to Hawaiian history and culture?

Do you remember who were the Hawaiian Ambassadors?

King

25 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:
11 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

Bob

Nice album.

Good morning all from Palmdale Ca.  I just wanted to stop in and advise of the progress of uploading my pictures.  I'm just finishing up with Honolulu but I ran out of time due to having to go to work in about 15 minutes.  My progress has been somewhat slowed due to this nasty end of cruise cold I got that is somewhat slowing me down.  I was scanning my patters a little earlier and noted that even after ensuring that I had all of them before I got off the ship, I'm missing the 15th of November and the 18th.

Hope all are well.....

Bob

I have really enjoyed following along on your lovely vacation.

thank you for all the postings. As a newbie on Princess I really enjoyed 

reading and seeing all the dallies.

we are cruising the 28 day end of March on the Star....so appreciate 

all your effort.

hope your cold clears up quickly - just getting back to reality can be a 

chore in itself!

cheers

Brockmom

16 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

.....  My progress has been somewhat slowed due to this nasty end of cruise cold I got that is somewhat slowing me down.  ....

Hope all are well.....

Bob

End of cruise colds are bad alright.  Last year we did the Hawaii cruise on the Star and three of our group of four ended up with the flu and we were confined to our cabins for 48 hours until the fever broke during the first two returning sea days.  Couldn't enjoy the last 3 days either because we still were sick.   Felt like "ugh" for a week after we got home.  Enjoying your pictures on Flicker and thanks for the "live from" of your cruise.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Edited by ar1950