What to do? Adding two to existing bookings....

Nashna

8 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I think a problem they're going to run into is that they want the 3 16-19 year olds to be in a room and they have to be next to an adult's cabin but according to ourusualbeach there are no balcony cabins that fit 4+ people adjacent to another 4+ cabin. So if the son moves into a 4 person room that he can share with the gf and her kid then there's no one next to the cabin with the 3 teenagers - which isn't allowed. 

2 person balconies won't be able to sleep 4 unless it's going to be a slumber party on the bed. And if you add one of the 8/9 year olds to your GS it's likely that they'll be in a different muster station from their parent. 

We wanted to be sure that the parents were in close proximity to the children.  This is why we ended up with five OV Balcony staterooms together.  We have 2 parents in a stateroom, then 3 teenagers, then 1 adult and child, then 4 boys, then parents again.  We decided to spend a bit more and get the whole family together.  We have other relatives next to us in a Grand Suite which gives us two Grands to use as a gathering point.     

Nashna you’re thinking is correct...just add people to the cabins that will allow it...who sleeps where doesn’t matter once the cruise starts you can move them around.

For that matter put an adult in the rooms for namesake only if  that’s what it takes to get the cabIns you need where you want.

and you are correct....what should have happened a year ago isn’t worth debating so just move on and do what you need to 

BTW kids sail free going n as of yesterday, however, as usual they raised prices to make up for the sale....you may still be able to get a better deal 

53 minutes ago, Nashna said:

What should have been done a year ago is beside the point now.  I am not going to dwell on advice I should have been given.  Now, I need to come up with a solution.  Right now, it appears that the best bet is for me to add a child to my room and a forth to the triple.  That will get everyone on the cruise and we can figure out logistics when we board.  The children are all very close.   We travel frequently as a group and I'm always amazed how they will finagle their sleeping arrangements.  

That is the best and also the most cost effective solution.  

I would do exactly what you are thinking:  Add one to the suite and one to the triple.  Since everyone is close, they will figure out the sleeping arrangements.  We have had kids sleep on the floor because they wanted to be with their cousins!  

On 11/1/2018 at 5:17 PM, Nashna said:

It sounds like adding to existing rooms is the way to go.  Is the penalty for cancelling just $100.00 for that 3rd or 4th person?  

There is no penalty for canceling the 3rd or 4th person, even with the non-refundable fare option.

They will not refund the deposit but they will apply it 100% towards the cost of the cruise for the other people still in the cabin.

54 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

There is no penalty for canceling the 3rd or 4th person, even with the non-refundable fare option.

They will not refund the deposit but they will apply it 100% towards the cost of the cruise for the other people still in the cabin.

I think we have a plan.  I do really appreciate the suggestions that I have been given on this post.  You all have truly helped me to solve this puzzle.  I must admit that I thought that Ourusualbeach was wrong about our  booked staterooms being just for two people.  Boy, was I wrong!  I am so glad that I wrote this post as it gave me the opportunity to evaluate our options.  We have decided to add two grands to our suite and let them decide where they want to stay.   If the two  girls want to stay with us they can order room service and have a PJ party every night or they can decide to bunk in with their cousins.   It's all good!   

• Like 1

Not sure...if it is, then we will do the suite and the OV...  I am getting the official names now.  Our two newest unofficial family members are from the Netherlands and their names are a bit long.   Once we get the names as they appear on their passports, I am turning the reservations over to our TA to make the additions.

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

Not sure...if it is, then we will do the suite and the OV...  I am getting the official names now.  Our two newest unofficial family members are from the Netherlands and their names are a bit long.   Once we get the names as they appear on their passports, I am turning the reservations over to our TA to make the additions.

Nice to see that things worked out for you.  Too often people leave these changes/additions until too late and they end up being disappointed.

I don't know, just a thought, if you add  an 8th cabin, say an inside, it may be cheaper because that will be your 8th cabin and you'll get 1 free berth which will be one of your balcony berths.  Then the grands can still sleep where they want and you'll have an extra cabin for whatever you may need.