MS Nieuw Amsterdam and Zuiderdam in Port Everglades and MS Rotterdam in Tampa

rafinmd

15 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

WP followed her in but with a Coast Guard Ship and [I think] Freewinds, there is going to be limited viewing, so that is it for me.

Good eye! :classic_cool:

2238466.jpg

mv Freewinds; owned by the Church of Scientology as a religious retreat and floating training center. She was built in Finland in 1968! as mv Boheme for Commodore Cruise Line until going to their current owners in 1985. She is home ported in Oranjestad, Aruba and makes regular voyages to Willemstad, Curacao and Kralendijk, Bonaire

Related image

USCGC Hamilton (WMSL-753): a Legend-class maritime security cutter (the fourth), named after Alexander Hamilton and home based as USCG Station Charleston, NC

1 minute ago, Happily@Sea said:

Thanks, Copper. 

Freewinds is parked there far too often for my liking, including when visiting Orangestad. 

Yeah, one of the many points where she differs from "regular" cruise ships. She rarely leaves the same day she arrives

For my very first cruise, MV Boheme, was one that I had considered.  Having selected Rotterdam V for that first cruise, I have wondered for many years how my enjoyment of cruising might have been affected had a chosen a different ship and cruise line.