MS Nieuw Amsterdam and Zuiderdam in Port Everglades and MS Rotterdam in Tampa

rafinmd

18 minutes ago, POA1 said:

In case you missed on the webcam. 

about 20  years ago I was driving across north alabama, way out in the sticks, when I topped a hill and there she was, the Goodyear Blimp about 250 feet altitude.  She was in transit from NOLA to the North East and was landing at Huntsville Airport for the night.  Quite a surprise and very nice.

13 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Was lucky enough to be offered a ride in the one based down here (Carson, CA) a few years back, Great experience! Actually got to fly if for five minutes and didn't land it in the Pacific

We got to ride the blimp based out of Pompano Beach last year. We won the trip as part of the USMC Toys for Tots drive. No piloting for us, but DW did get to use the head. The new blimps, made by Zeppelin, are much larger, have a quieter cabin, and restroom facilities. All in all, a very cool experience... Although I'm kind of jealous that you got to be a pilot. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Agreed! This is a good source of info and a good read while taking a cruise

Image result for The Cruise Ship Phenomenon in North America

That book is in my library.  It is a good one.  For an excellent book about the history of passenger ship travel,  John Maxtone-Graham's The Only Way To Cross is considered a classic by maritime historians and is an extremely interesting read.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

I've always wondered what the deal is with the guys talking, the kids playing, etc. etc. They seem to be very close to the PTZ PE mike

Could be someone who is on a balcony near the microphone. Can't really tell from our place because the PTZ camera is on the far side of the Sky Harbor building. 

• Thanks 1