YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

Selion ... The charts you posted shows Easy as being drinks in the Caribbean at $5, everything I have seen so far says $6 !  MSC Inconsistent yet again.

In the current Hard copy brochure for the UK 2018/19 on the page for the YC it has the following ... "a selection of complimentary beverages in all bars and restaurants according to the drink selection available in the venues"

2 hours ago, sidari said:

Easy package shown as $6.

Good catch.  And even that $6 is now gone from the US website.  Easy currently only shows a short verbal list of what is included.  Premium is the only package now that has a price limit.  The new drink package comparison chart is also gone from the US website.

Presently on Preziosa. Just nearing the end of the Atlantic crossing, which has been very comfortable with excellent sunny weather and a following wind.Barbados tomorrow. 

Reporting from the YC. No issues with the mini bar which is replenished twice daily. The on board currency is the euro, and all the menu prices are in euros and apparently that is the way it is going to stay while the vessel is in the caribean. It appears that YC guests visiting other bars can select any drink which has an individual price showing on the menus. There are no single or double asterisked items anymore.

Smoking is no longer permitted in the top sail lounge.

The service around the YC is up to scratch.

however, the really big bone of contention is the restaurant menus and food quality.

As we all tend to do on ships, is compare experiences, most people we have come into contact with have bad food experiences. The meat is very poor quality and even the maitre D (Pepe) is advising guests what to avoid. The lamb was inedible. What is also very strange is that when they have say lamb chops on the menu it comes with toast, and the steaks with a small salad garnish. So speaking on behalf of most brits, we have to request a type of potato and vegetable with every main course. From our own viewpoint after many YC cruises the food is a major disappointment. Even the YC director now tells guest to order off menu!

I remain convinced that YC will have Premium Plus throughout the ship according to the drink selections available in the different venues, and that is the only package to include minibar....which YC definitely retains. Why would MSC provide anything less than the top available package to its YC guests?

• Like 1

Hamrag ... Why would MSC downgrade the Aurea experience ? Especially when those cabins are last to sell ! YC may not be exempt from changes.

Just a thought on YC, currently it enjoys exclusivity on the ships that has it, plenty of people have backed the new smaller ships which may have YC only cabins, but no longer has exclusivity!

14 minutes ago, sidari said:

Hamrag ... Why would MSC downgrade the Aurea experience ? Especially when those cabins are last to sell ! YC may not be exempt from changes....

Aurea is not the top end experience, and only ever had classic drinks assigned to it. I have no interest in Aurea, or discussing such as it has no effect on the YC offering. My firm belief that YC will have Premium+ remains. MSC has nothing to gain by having a Premium+ package that is not provided to YC passengers, it doesn't make sense! 

I have only just noticed a post (#256), which looks like it was posted whilst I was writing my previous one (#257). That poster is currently in the Preziosa YC, and what is stated regarding drinks rather bears up my point.....it is clearly the equivalent of Premium+.

Smoothcruiser says the menu no longer shows * or **.  Is it possible that MSC has simply removed some items that were previously ** 'super premium' so that no one can order these?  That would be a quick way to deal with it.  It could be for example that the YC bar is the only one that has true 'super premium' items so that if you want them, you have to stay in YC for them.  So "Premium+" has no real meaning for YC.

1 hour ago, kodesthemoose said:

The link here is still active

But where is the link to it on the MSC website, I can't find it.  Having it remain vestigial with no way for people visiting the website to get to the information isn't helpful.

13 hours ago, kodesthemoose said:

Smoothcruiser says the menu no longer shows * or **.  Is it possible that MSC has simply removed some items that were previously ** 'super premium' so that no one can order these?  That would be a quick way to deal with it.  It could be for example that the YC bar is the only one that has true 'super premium' items so that if you want them, you have to stay in YC for them.  So "Premium+" has no real meaning for YC.

I agree that may be the 'hybrid' solution they opt for ie. the drinks on offer, by the glass, are those at the lower end cost of the ** items previously offered. That, to me at least, is a reasonable compromise....but it will mean that the very high end drinks are no longer available on ship as premium+ has no cost limit.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed Nov 24 - Dec 1st and MSC was amazing!  We received everything as promised and didn't have one issue with our deluxe drink package.  We had a min bar stocked with mostly what we wanted.  One thing I didn't like was we had to call room service to get diet pop and they didn't have Malibu for the mini bar.  Didn't bother me too much just thought it was weird.  The staff were great and let me order two drinks at a time even if my hubby wasn't with me.  The gelato was amazing and I would just love to have it right now!! oh and the chocolate bar...yummy!!! The shows were absolutely amazing and just when I thought it couldn't get better it did.  I really loved the welcome back party and should have recorded it as it was something I've never experience on a cruise ship.  The food was amazing and there were so many options available. We will cruise MSC again. 

Hi @ all,

I recently had contact to MSC Austria myself, as well as to MSC Germany over my travel agency. Both told me that the Yacht Club is not affected to the changes of the drink packages and also things like crepes etc. are still included...

Maybe someone of you has an official statement of MSC saying that crepes, etc. aren’t included anymore (then I would like to confront them wirh this)...

Edited by strikerSBG

On 12/10/2018 at 7:33 PM, marcoigna said:

Sign posted at YC concierge.  

C82779EC-5F9B-42B3-8F68-966175B7B7FE.jpeg

4 hours ago, strikerSBG said:

Hi @ all,

I recently had contact to MSC Austria myself, as well as to MSC Germany over my travel agency. Both told me that the Yacht Club is not affected to the changes of the drink packages and also things like crepes etc. are still included...

Maybe someone of you has an official statement of MSC saying that crepes, etc. aren’t included anymore (then I would like to confront them wirh this)...

The only issue is that on another thread, this was shown. But in another thread the OP was able to get Venchi Bar stuff.  I'm more annoyed with the Zip Line thing. 

16 minutes ago, strikerSBG said:

...interesting and inconsistent as always... I never heard that the Zipline was included - was it?

Never stated in documents, that I recall; however, it was free for YC last March and October.

I wonder how many people like me were planning on trying MSC for the first time because of the inclusiveness of the YC but are now cancelling because of the changes.

If it wasn't for these message boards I would have been very disappointed not to get all that was promised.

15 minutes ago, Beach710 said:

I wonder how many people like me were planning on trying MSC for the first time because of the inclusiveness of the YC but are now cancelling because of the changes.

There are many who are comparing the YC prices with those of NCL's Haven and the suites on X who may not be overly exercised about such minor changes/reductions when they weigh up all of the rest of the benefits that MSC's YC offers.

3 hours ago, Beach710 said:

If it wasn't for these message boards I would have been very disappointed not to get all that was promised.

What changes to the YC are you referring to?