YC Drink Package Changes?

marcoigna

I never saw anything that stated zipline was included. Gelato and milkshakes were. That was included on my trip a few weeks ago.

I am going to book the YC again because it was a great cruise and just hope gelato and milkshakes and my Carmel latte are included. I will survive if they are not. I book with a TA and will definitely get them to get a straight answer in writing for me.

FYI-that same exact signage was on my cruise and my husband still enjoyed a milkshake or two!! :classic_wink: I took charges apply to the many other things Venchi offered. Not a milkshake or a coffee.

5 hours ago, 2013cruiser2013 said:

Jean Phillipe wasn't included on Meraviglia when we were on in YC this past April, so not so sad about Venchi if it's not included on our Seaview in April

I feel the opposite:  because Jean Philippe wasn't included on Meraviglia I was really looking forward to enjoying the Venchi offerings on Seaview in August.  😢

• Like 1

Just off the Seaside today and had no probs getting any drinks at all. I drink Black Russians by the bucket, wife drinks, well she just drinks! 

Even the second basic package gets drinks up to $12 and unless you want to drink the garbage Champagne at $14 there wasn’t a drink priced over $10 in any of the bars. We were on the premium package. 

Now this could be because we were grandfathered in as ours was book some 15 months ago

Edited by stoneman56

20 hours ago, hamrag said:

What changes to the YC are you referring to?

All of the changes mentioned in this thread. But what I find more disturbing is the inconsistencies  I like to know is included when I go on a cruise and at this point I have no idea what that is for YC. Choices are great but after reading this thread I no longer think MSC is a good one for me.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Beamafar said:

There are many who are comparing the YC prices with those of NCL's Haven and the suites on X who may not be overly exercised about such minor changes/reductions when they weigh up all of the rest of the benefits that MSC's YC offers.

We are what you describe. Never nice to see a reduction in benefits anywhere but NCL has been implementing many impactful reductions across the ships since early 2016.

We have 3 sailings booked through 2020. It will be interesting to see how well grandfathering works through that time.

1 hour ago, Beach710 said:

All of the changes mentioned in this thread. But what I find more disturbing is the inconsistencies  I like to know is included when I go on a cruise and at this point I have no idea what that is for YC. Choices are great but after reading this thread I no longer think MSC is a good one for me.

The only aspect that has been excluded in the recent change is gelato....now chargeable. The drinks package is the equivalent of Premium Plus which has no price limit and, arguably, will offer at least a small number of high end brands for whisky/cognac/tequila and possibly an additional champagne that were not previously included!

No gelato, crepes and Venchi is no big deal for us. We had only 2 crepes, 1 gelato and 2 specialty coffees on our cruise last September in YC. Looking at the level of service, quality of food and exclusive restaurant & lounge the Yacht Club Experience is still the best value for us.

• Like 1

We just got off the Seaview on December 6, 2018 and we had crepes, ice cream, chocolate martini's and did not once have to pay or get told there was a charge.  We were told by the waiters and bartenders that YC get pretty much everything free unless it had 2 *'s beside the price. 

7 minutes ago, kevinrobedm said:

We just got off the Seaview on December 6, 2018 and we had crepes, ice cream, chocolate martini's and did not once have to pay or get told there was a charge.  We were told by the waiters and bartenders that YC get pretty much everything free unless it had 2 *'s beside the price. 

Did they still have menus with asterisks next to items?  The new packages have eliminated the requirement for asterisks.

On our cruise they still had the ** but I understand that in Santos, Brazil where we disembarked they were implementing all new menus.

I would hope with the premium price customers pay to be in the YC that premium plus would be what YC customers get.  It will interesting to see how this plays out.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 11:59 AM, Beach710 said:

I wonder how many people like me were planning on trying MSC for the first time because of the inclusiveness of the YC but are now cancelling because of the changes.

If it wasn't for these message boards I would have been very disappointed not to get all that was promised.

Good, it's working.  More YC cabins available for the rest of us.

9 hours ago, kevinrobedm said:

On our cruise they still had the ** but I understand that in Santos, Brazil where we disembarked they were implementing all new menus.

I would hope with the premium price customers pay to be in the YC that premium plus would be what YC customers get.  It will interesting to see how this plays out.

Of course - they wouldn't have introduced the new menus on the crossing!

We'll certainly be interested in how it plays out, too, as we've 30 nights booked in YC overall next year.

37 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Of course - they wouldn't have introduced the new menus on the crossing!

We'll certainly be interested in how it plays out, too, as we've 30 nights booked in YC overall next year.

Me too! But I'm relaxed about Seaview as it will be the old style Deluxe so no issues!

Well none planned lol

22 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Me too! But I'm relaxed about Seaview as it will be the old style Deluxe so no issues!

Well none planned lol

TBH, I'm not overly concerned about the changes, Frank - they seem to be very minor.  We'd never miss it if Gelato was never available onboard, anyway, so, if it's not included, it won't impact us.  We're just eternally grateful to be able to sail in YC (for now, anyway!  The way prices are going, it could be our last year doing it!  Time will tell).

Anyway, I can't understand the fuss being made about gelato not being included in the new "drinks" packages.  It's less than €3 a serving and, certainly, those from the US seem to get great OBC offers from TAs (something we never get here) which would well cover the cost for several helpings over the course of the cruise!

Edited by Beamafar

1 hour ago, sidari said:

At the silly prices they are charging for them, you are welcome to them.

I guess it depends on your point of view.  We are currently finishing up our 21 days in the YC on the Divina.  I am now sitting in the huge (and gorgeous) Top Sail lounge enjoying breakfast with about 20 others in a rom that can easily seat 200.  There are. 5 staff taking care of every need, it is quiet, and life is good.  Our cabin is about 10 feet down the corridor and our Butler cannot do enough to enhance our experience.  Yesterday, while in port, DW and I enjoyed a perfect lunch in La Muse where a staff of 6 waited on 3 passengers.   Our food was cooked to order and was near perfection.  This morning perhaps I will ask for  Mimosa that would be made with Mumm Cordon Rouge  and freshly squeezgeD OJ.  Later we will sun on our exclusive sun deck where staff will quickly bring any drink and even prepare fresh pasta (at lunch time) made to order.

Silly prices?  Certainly not in the way you might think.   It is more like a Tale of two ships.  In the YC and out.  We enjoy both. But after 18 days in the YC we could not book another YC cruise fast enough.  And yes, the Future Cruise folks came to the YC to handle those details.

Hank

Hank ... £5,000 for two people for 7 nights without hotel and flights to me is silly money, once the price increases reach the US you may well think so as well. We don't need someone to empty our cases or hang up clothes for us or to walk us to places, if we want peace and quiet there are a number of places if you know when and where to go.

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I guess it depends on your point of view.  We are currently finishing up our 21 days in the YC on the Divina.  I am now sitting in the huge (and gorgeous) Top Sail lounge enjoying breakfast with about 20 others in a rom that can easily seat 200.  There are. 5 staff taking care of every need, it is quiet, and life is good.  Our cabin is about 10 feet down the corridor and our Butler cannot do enough to enhance our experience.  Yesterday, while in port, DW and I enjoyed a perfect lunch in La Muse where a staff of 6 waited on 3 passengers.   Our food was cooked to order and was near perfection.  This morning perhaps I will ask for  Mimosa that would be made with Mumm Cordon Rouge  and freshly squeezgeD OJ.  Later we will sun on our exclusive sun deck where staff will quickly bring any drink and even prepare fresh pasta (at lunch time) made to order.

Silly prices?  Certainly not in the way you might think.   It is more like a Tale of two ships.  In the YC and out.  We enjoy both. But after 18 days in the YC we could not book another YC cruise fast enough.  And yes, the Future Cruise folks came to the YC to handle those details.

Hank

:classic_biggrin:  The description of your YC experience has me even more excited for our upcoming cruise.  We sail 1/12 on Seaside.  

Just now, jules815 said:

:classic_biggrin:  The description of your YC experience has me even more excited for our upcoming cruise.  We sail 1/12 on Seaside.  

You should love it.  Others here who have done the YC on the Seaside have told us good things.... especially having La Muse within the YC.  Consider that we will have to walk about 800 feet to get to La Muse for lunch today.  Maybe that will help work off some of the weight I have gained...but we suspect that is a hopeless mission until we get off this ship 🙂

Hank