ANYONE ELSE PROBLEM WITH MOBILE APP

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm following three lives now, well 2 just finished, and the posters seem fine, but participation seems down.

I'll try a Live from Enchantment next weekend 

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

I was expecting so many  semi or live reviews from Symphony once sailing from miami and I guess I was wrong

There are only 68 replies on the Symphony live so you are right about the participation John.  I have also noticed that this topic seems to come up more on the Royal Caribbean board and not on the Celebrity or Princess board which I also follow. Maybe because the age skews older on those boards. I don't know about NCL or Carnival because I don't participate on those boards.

With the app it was just so convenient to quickly check the threads and post.  Now you have to wait for the page to load and God forbid you accidently click on a wrong link when using a tablet or phone.  It is just too time consuming and not user friendly.

When using a laptop users can easily see the benefits of the changes.

• Like 1

There are a few items that I don’t like but the slowness of page loading is the biggest issue for me. I did my live review in October but reads were measurably down.  They were 25% of my last one. I’m not sure if I will take a break for my next cruise on Allure and then go Live for Symphony in March. I’ve got time to think about it though. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

There are only 68 replies on the Symphony live so you are right about the participation John.  I have also noticed that this topic seems to come up more on the Royal Caribbean board and not on the Celebrity or Princess board which I also follow. Maybe because the age skews older on those boards. I don't know about NCL or Carnival because I don't participate on those boards.

I think one difference is that Royal Caribbean has unlimited internet plans and the RC  plans are more reasonably priced. It has also faster on RC than most other lines. 

Edited by Charles4515

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I think one difference is that Royal Caribbean has unlimited internet plans and the RC  plans are more reasonably priced. It has also faster on RC than most other lines. 

Good point. I never thought about that. I believe partication is down because the app made it so easy to follow and post a quick reply almost anywhere you were with your phone. I know I would check in even when standing in line at the supermarket or waiting for a takeout order. Now the lines move faster than the time it takes me to login and locate a thread. This new format has really weened me off. I should have probably been in a 12 step program.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Good point. I never thought about that. I believe partication is down because the app made it so easy to follow and post a quick reply almost anywhere you were with your phone. I know I would check in even when standing in line at the supermarket or waiting for a takeout order. Now the lines move faster than the time it takes me to login and locate a thread. This new format has really weened me off. I should have probably been in a 12 step program.

I don’t bother participating in lines anymore either. If the app is still not available in January I won’t be participating while on my RC cruise. It may be doable but it is too slow and fiddily using the mobile browser. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Ugh, I was starting to be really cool with just using shortcuts to my favorite topics, via safari on my phone.  However, not so happy that for the last couple of days I have to re-log in half the time when I go to my “content I posted in” shortcut 😞

Entering my user name and password isn't the issue for me. I just have to apply my thumb print. My issue is the slow circa 1990 dial up modem speed I get when logging in using public wifi or my data plan plus the battery drain.  I don't have this issue with apps like Facebook, Uber, Chain restaurants, banking or any other popular apps.  I can probably get food delivered using my phone faster than it takes me to sign in to Cruise Critic.

Edited by Iamcruzin