Koningsdam ~ first sailing after first dry dock ...

Dogstar

When we were on the Kdam this past January they had 3 shows on the main stage most nights.  I noticed that folks posting the When and Where on the Nieuw Statendam that is shows only 2 shows on the main stage each night.  Would someone currently on the Kdam please let us know if the are offering 2 or 3 shows on the main stage each night.  I am wondering that since they have added the Rolling Stone venue it they cut it to 2 shows a night.

1 hour ago, iflyrc5 said:

Would someone currently on the Kdam please let us know if the are offering 2 or 3 shows on the main stage each night.  I am wondering that since they have added the Rolling Stone venue it they cut it to 2 shows a night.

Currently two Main Stage shows nightly right now on our K'dam 11-night cruise. 7pm & 9pm. 

5 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Thanks for the photo-cabin looks a decent size.  Hopefully  enough storage for 2 women!!  

Here are some photos from our ocean view cabin on the KDam in January 2018 on the lowest deck aft.  Lots of storage and lots of outlets.  Don't forget the storage for you luggage under the bed.  You need to use your ship card or an old hotel card (or something similar) to keep the lights on in the cabin.

DSCN4827.JPG

DSCN4829.JPG

DSCN4830.JPG

DSCN4831.JPG

DSCN4832.JPG

DSCN4833.JPG

DSCN4836.JPG

DSCN4837.JPG

DSCN4838.JPG

DSCN4840.JPG

DSCN5949.JPG

DSCN5950.JPG

DSCN5951.JPG

• Like 1

@iflyrc5 

thanks-those are great photos.  I’m thinking with the beds split it may be a bit tight but us girls will figure it out.  It’s been 10 years since we travelled together so long overdue and I’m hoping she likes cruising-we used to do all

inclusive resorts so this will be her first cruise.  (But since I’m 4* she gets some perks!) 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 3:32 PM, 1964IceCreamLady said:

I thought it changed to the Munster Drill?   🤣

Bon voyage!  Looking forward to your updates!  I see Miss G posted re: Club Orange and Neptune.  

I am most interested in the Tamarind area, with Silk Den? Nami Sushi?  🙂

The Tamarind menu has changed and not for the better.  The food is not as good as it once was. We will not be back.  I hear that others have made the same comment.  The Tamarind Bar is still there but if you want sushi/sashimi it is an additional charge.

We dined in the Tamarind three times on our recent 24 day cruise on the MS Koningsdam.We have dined numerous times in Tamarind venues throughout the Fleet. We thought the dining experience was consistent with previous dining experiences. In other words we really enjoyed it. 

We did not try Sushi options but they looked exceptional and we will definitely try on our next Pinnacle Class Ship Cruise.

Food is very subjective. Don’t take our experience or others to serious. Just try it and form your opinions.

Many times if you frequently dine at the same venues the choices get a little redundant. Always nice to have a few new choices and always sad if a favorite meal was removed.

Restaurants use stats. What sells stay and what doesn’t.

Last night on the Prisendam we dined in Pinnacle on the MS Prisendam and ordered and splurged the President’s 36oz. Tommahawk Bone In Rib Eye. We thought it was outstanding and I can guarantee another eater of that $58.00 extra cost steak will rate it a rip off. We were the 52 serving of the President’s Cut Bone In on Prisendam. Would loved to have heard others options but it was better trying out for ourselves. Yum!

8 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We dined in the Tamarind three times on our recent 24 day cruise on the MS Koningsdam.We have dined numerous times in Tamarind venues throughout the Fleet. We thought the dining experience was consistent with previous dining experiences. In other words we really enjoyed it. 

We did not try Sushi options but they looked exceptional and we will definitely try on our next Pinnacle Class Ship Cruise.

Food is very subjective. Don’t take our experience or others to serious. Just try it and form your opinions.

Many times if you frequently dine at the same venues the choices get a little redundant. Always nice to have a few new choices and always sad if a favorite meal was removed.

Restaurants use stats. What sells stay and what doesn’t.

Last night on the Prisendam we dined in Pinnacle on the MS Prisendam and ordered and splurged the President’s 36oz. Tommahawk Bone In Rib Eye. We thought it was outstanding and I can guarantee another eater of that $58.00 extra cost steak will rate it a rip off. We were the 52 serving of the President’s Cut Bone In on Prisendam. Would loved to have heard others options but it was better trying out for ourselves. Yum!

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  The Koningsdam is fresh out of dry dock and this is the first cruise where the menu has changed/is.                                 .                                                                                                             There                                                                                                                                                                                                       are no longer any sushi options.  For that you have to go to the new “Nami Sushi” restaurant,             which is sectioned off from the Tamarind.  If you would like to eat at the Tamarind but want sushi, that is an additional price and they will fetch the menu from Nami Sushi for you.

17 hours ago, msmoxie said:

Were you able to call today? I'm wondering if there us a solution for those of us who don't see this option...

Okay, what she said is that the pre-purchase online is being phased out but that there should be an all digital package available once we are onboard, did not mention the price however so not sure if it will be as good a deal as $99. I have no need for physical prints but I love the all digital option. They have that at Disney and it is so nice to just get photos whenever/wherever and you own all the pictures.

6 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Okay, what she said is that the pre-purchase online is being phased out but that there should be an all digital package available once we are onboard, did not mention the price however so not sure if it will be as good a deal as $99. I have no need for physical prints but I love the all digital option. They have that at Disney and it is so nice to just get photos whenever/wherever and you own all the pictures.

Thanks for the update. I would understand if it were being phased out, but in my case it's being offered to some people on the exact same sailing as me--that seems strange! 

I'm familiar with the Disney Memory Maker package too, and it would be great to have something equivalent on the ship! Like you, I don't need the printed ones--the digital package sounded great.

• Like 1