Tendering process - no priority

mrandmrsdd

Hi, 

if i do not have priority tendering and I am not on a cruise ship tour what could be a reasonable time to be ashore. 

I am trying to get an excursion time setup. The tender time is 15 minute without loading. 

I am thinking to allow 2 hours after scheduled arrival. 

Thank you diane

3 hours ago, mrandmrsdd said:

Hi, 

if i do not have priority tendering and I am not on a cruise ship tour what could be a reasonable time to be ashore. 

I am trying to get an excursion time setup. The tender time is 15 minute without loading. 

I am thinking to allow 2 hours after scheduled arrival. 

Thank you diane

I would leave it at about two hours. The people running tours are well used to this issue and always wait in my experience (just don't pay before the excursion).

Not sure about Thailand,  but on our last cruise in Europe, we had three tenders ports, and one of them was quite problematic for those with no elite status or ship’s tours.  Because of a delay, all princess Tours  were pushed out two hours later,  so the independent people could get off the ship earlier than those with tours from princess.  However, everyone else was put on hold for at least two hours while princess got their people off the ship.  And Many did not even get to get off the ship , Or I should say, chose not to disembark since they wouldn’t have had much time To enjoy the sights  since they had been significantly delayed    

However, at the other two tender ports, the captain made an announcement early on that it was a good time for those with independent arrangements to go ashore, as there were virtually no waits,  two very popular ports.  

We strolled off at eight am  at one port, and were on our way by 820,  and at another port we were at anchor at 7 AM and disembarked at 7:20 with no issues whatsoever. 

My motto with tendering, the earlier the better 🙂

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Thanks 1

Tendering usually starts within 30 minutes of anchoring.

To tender, you will need to go to the place (usually a dining room) listed in the Patter to get tender tickets and a time will be given. To get on one of the first tenders, be on line about 20 minutes before the listed time for the tickets. All in your group must be present to get tickets as they do not hand out tickets for people not there in the line.

My experience has been that you will probably be ashore within an hour after tendering has started if you are among the first to get tender tickets.

You did not mention which ship you are on. Obviously the less passengers on the ship, the less demand there will be for tendering.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Tendering usually starts within 30 minutes of anchoring.

To tender, you will need to go to the place (usually a dining room) listed in the Patter to get tender tickets and a time will be given. To get on one of the first tenders, be on line about 20 minutes before the listed time for the tickets. All in your group must be present to get tickets as they do not hand out tickets for people not there in the line.

My experience has been that you will probably be ashore within an hour after tendering has started if you are among the first to get tender tickets.

You did not mention which ship you are on. Obviously the less passengers on the ship, the less demand there will be for tendering.

I agree with your comments.