Royal Princess Deck / Cabin Suggestions Wanted

mikjr

We've never been on the ROYAL, and are  considering a cruise next year.  I'm trying to do a bit of planning and would like some suggestions on good decks and cabin locations.  

We normally book a balcony on the CARIBE because of the larger decks.  But, my understanding is the balconies are SMALLER on the Royal, it doesn't matter what deck.

Because of noise, we'd prefer a cabin on decks 9, 10, or 11...  either MID or MID AFT locations are preferable.    I noticed some SLANTED Balconies on the diagrams.  Are those balconies LARGER? 

Your suggestions and tips - PROS & CONS - are appreciated!!

Thanks

We like Emerald (deck 8) on Royal or Regal.  The deck plan shows which cabins have larger balconies, we had E428 on our British Isles cruise and it had a large balcony.  Most of the balcony cabins on Deck 8 are considered obstructed but there is no obstruction on the ones that are on the curved bump out area.  The promenade is below you but we never found that to be a problem. We have E108 on an upcoming cruise which also has a larger balcony.  We like to use the stairs whenever possible and Deck 8 has easy access to the piazza, dining rooms, show venues, etc. 

If  you choose a specific cabin because of the balcony, make sure to have either Princess or TA mark it as do not upgrade. 

I have been on both the Regal and Royal in the mid section.  We typically choose one of the mid-ship minisuites (Baha or Aloha deck) with a larger angled balcony.  I would say that the size is comparable to the balconies on the grand class ships. Most of these cabins from Baha deck and above are designated as Club Class.  I believe ones on the Caribe deck are not Club Class, and the Dolphin deck are balcony cabins, not minisuites.

If you book one of these cabins, I would choose one on the Port side (even cabin numbers).  You’ll still be under the Seaview Bar, but it is less intrusive than the starboard cabins under the Seawalk.  

3 hours ago, sunsetbeachgal said:

We like Emerald (deck 😎 on Royal or Regal.  The deck plan shows which cabins have larger balconies, we had E428 on our British Isles cruise and it had a large balcony.  Most of the balcony cabins on Deck 8 are considered obstructed but there is no obstruction on the ones that are on the curved bump out area.  The promenade is below you but we never found that to be a problem. We have E108 on an upcoming cruise which also has a larger balcony.  We like to use the stairs whenever possible and Deck 8 has easy access to the piazza, dining rooms, show venues, etc. 

If  you choose a specific cabin because of the balcony, make sure to have either Princess or TA mark it as do not upgrade. 

We will be in E108 for our New Years Cruise aboard the Royal!  We typically leave something behind for the next person in our cabin, but unfortunately you guys will be on a couple of weeks after us.  

2 hours ago, pcsunlover said:

I have been on both the Regal and Royal in the mid section.  We typically choose one of the mid-ship minisuites (Baha or Aloha deck) with a larger angled balcony.  I would say that the size is comparable to the balconies on the grand class ships. Most of these cabins from Baha deck and above are designated as Club Class.  I believe ones on the Caribe deck are not Club Class, and the Dolphin deck are balcony cabins, not minisuites.

If you book one of these cabins, I would choose one on the Port side (even cabin numbers).  You’ll still be under the Seaview Bar, but it is less intrusive than the starboard cabins under the Seawalk.  

We had minisuite A414 on the Regal's TA this September.  We loved the cabin, the large angled balcony, and the location.  It was the first portside cabin past the Club Class cabins.  With that huge (for the Royal class) balcony, I'm surprised it's NOT classified Club Class.

14 hours ago, mikjr said:

We've never been on the ROYAL, and are  considering a cruise next year.  I'm trying to do a bit of planning and would like some suggestions on good decks and cabin locations.  

We normally book a balcony on the CARIBE because of the larger decks.  But, my understanding is the balconies are SMALLER on the Royal, it doesn't matter what deck.

Because of noise, we'd prefer a cabin on decks 9, 10, or 11...  either MID or MID AFT locations are preferable.    I noticed some SLANTED Balconies on the diagrams.  Are those balconies LARGER? 

Your suggestions and tips - PROS & CONS - are appreciated!!

Thanks

Yes the slanted/angled balconies can be bigger. I would stay away from the area under the curved walkway on each side of the ship mid ships. In these areas sometimes the sound from MUTS etc can carry down to balconies.

17 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes the slanted/angled balconies can be bigger. I would stay away from the area under the curved walkway on each side of the ship mid ships. In these areas sometimes the sound from MUTS etc can carry down to balconies.

Aren't all the slanted balconies located under the curved walkways??   not sure how you could get a slanted balcony if your weren't under the curved walkway...

Maybe lower decks...  10 or 11 would be  better??

1 hour ago, beckntom said:

We had minisuite A414 on the Regal's TA this September.  We loved the cabin, the large angled balcony, and the location.  It was the first portside cabin past the Club Class cabins.  With that huge (for the Royal class) balcony, I'm surprised it's NOT classified Club Class.

I think we’ve stayed in that cabin too. 

Also stayed in A410 and B428.  B428 had the nicest balcony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikjr said:

Aren't all the slanted balconies located under the curved walkways??   not sure how you could get a slanted balcony if your weren't under the curved walkway...

Maybe lower decks...  10 or 11 would be  better??

We’ve stayed mid-ship on 11 & 12.  Never heard any noise from MUTS.

9 hours ago, panoramaofthepast said:

We are in B428 in December, so this is wonderful to hear!

We’re getting off the Royal the day you’re getting on.  When we were in B428, it was on the Regal, but the cabin is identical on the Royal. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Have a wonderful Christmas cruise!