Early Flight from Ft.Lauderdale

Will you have any trouble?

That's a million dollar question. If all is right with the world, If you have all your ducks aligned, if you are one of the first off the ship, if you have Global Entry, if a car is waiting for you to take you to the airport, if there is no line at your airline counter to check bags and get boarding passes, if you have TSA pre-check to clear security faster,,,,, then maybe.

I'll be taking the same flight (on a different day of course), and I've done everything imaginable to ensure I have as few problems as possible. With that said, I'm prepared to miss and accept the additional financial toll it may incur.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kentuckytravelgirl said:

We have a flight departing Ft.Lauderdale on January 13th at 10:20.  Will we have any trouble making that flight?  Harmony arrives in Ft.Lauderdale at 7:00 am believe.

Your ship arrives at 6:15, should be cleared by 6:45. Walk off with your luggage, grab a cab and you will be at the airport by 7:45 - 8:00.  Make sure to self disembark. 

We just did almost that exact same flight on October 28th off of Allure. We did have our Genie walk us off at 8:00 AM and were through security at the airport by 8:45. Uber took about 5 minutes to arrive. We do have Global Entry as well. There is always the potential for problems, but I would risk it even with self disembark and no Global Entry. 

9 hours ago, maryjaden said:

We have gotten off the ship at 6:30 and easily made a 9:00 am flight.  We had transport to the airport arranged ahead of time.  However,  we did have a plan in place in case the stars did not align and we missed the flight. 

can i ask what your plan B was, just in case you missed that early flight.

we generally sit around taking the later flight so as to insure we don't have a problem

not like a few years ago when I traveled for work, had status and the forgave as same day change with no charge

There will be dozens of taxis outside, you should not need to book a car. We did the self assist off Allure. You could leave starting at 0630. We had breakfast in the Windjammer, walked off at 0730 and were at the airport before 0800. We had a 1010 flight.. 

Edited by emdia43

47 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

can i ask what your plan B was, just in case you missed that early flight.

we generally sit around taking the later flight so as to insure we don't have a problem

not like a few years ago when I traveled for work, had status and the forgave as same day change with no charge

We had internet on the ship and had scoped out nearby hotels and pricing so we would book a hotel and catch a flight the next day.  Plan C was to stay with a friend (3 hour drive)..

Like others have said, easy with self-disembark.

We just got off Harmony 2 wkends ago. 

1. In line at 05:50 (yes, early). Maybe 10 families/couples in front of us.

2. Disembarking started at 0615, and were in the customs line by 0620.  

3. Customs actually didn’t start until 0625.

4. Outside the terminal at 0628.

5. Literally straight onto a taxi (many out there)

6. Arrive at FLL at 06:29.  $13.

We did the same when on the Allure last summer with similar results.

Good luck either way!

Yes.  You can IF you take your own bags and leave in the first group.  We just did.  We each took a carry on bag and had NO checked luggage.  We did not need assistance.  Went right through cruise terminal easily and straight out to the multitude of waiting taxis.  Went through normal security (no one had TSA Pre) and had time to spare.  If for some reason you need printed boarding passes, print them the night before in the game/card room rather in the airport.  Enjoy your trip!

On 11/12/2018 at 9:40 PM, kentuckytravelgirl said:

Thanks everyone for the tips!  We will arrange transportation before we leave port!  I knew you all would have great Suggestions!!

No real need to "arrange" anything.  Cabs will be lined up at Port Everglades for the short, cheap ride to FLL.

On 11/13/2018 at 12:41 AM, maryjaden said:

We had internet on the ship and had scoped out nearby hotels and pricing so we would book a hotel and catch a flight the next day.  Plan C was to stay with a friend (3 hour drive)..

And you had airline tickets that you could change to the next day without paying a change fee or a fare increase (due the last minute nature of the new ticket)?

15 hours ago, pa6860 said:

4. Outside the terminal at 06:28.

That is one heck of a taxi driver!

But in all seriousness, OP, Oasis class (which is Harmony) gets in early and disembarks really early.  Despite it's size, disembarkation is surprisingly smooth.  You would do self-disembark.  We personally walk down at 6:45.  That lets all the super early people clear the terminal and you can basically walk right off and out the door.  So don't put your luggage out the night before.  Keep it.  Then in the morning, just grab your bags and walk out of your room around 6:30 - 6:45.  Walk off the ship and through customs.  There is a line of taxis with no wait at all.  You don't need to prebook transportation.  Just walk off, hop in a cab (like pa6860 did) and go to the airport.

You should have no issue at all making this flight.

7 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

And you had airline tickets that you could change to the next day without paying a change fee or a fare increase (due the last minute nature of the new ticket )

7 minutes ago, waterbug123 said:

It would have cost us $200.00

19 hours ago, pa6860 said:

Like others have said, easy with self-disembark.

We just got off Harmony 2 wkends ago. 

1. In line at 05:50 (yes, early). Maybe 10 families/couples in front of us.

2. Disembarking started at 0615, and were in the customs line by 0620.  

3. Customs actually didn’t start until 0625.

4. Outside the terminal at 0628.

We did the same when on the Allure last summer with similar results.

Good luck either way!

One minute to get from the terminal to the airport? This makes everything else you post suspect.

15 hours ago, BNBR said:

That is one heck of a taxi driver!

But in all seriousness, OP, Oasis class (which is Harmony) gets in early and disembarks really early.  Despite it's size, disembarkation is surprisingly smooth.  You would do self-disembark.  We personally walk down at 6:45.  That lets all the super early people clear the terminal and you can basically walk right off and out the door.  So don't put your luggage out the night before.  Keep it.  Then in the morning, just grab your bags and walk out of your room around 6:30 - 6:45.  Walk off the ship and through customs.  There is a line of taxis with no wait at all.  You don't need to prebook transportation.  Just walk off, hop in a cab (like pa6860 did) and go to the airport.

You should have no issue at all making this flight.

Haha, oops!  I meant at FLL at 6:39!  No traffic (obviously) at all.  Sorry!

12 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

One minute to get from the terminal to the airport? This makes everything else you post suspect.

Yes, one minute!  

JK.  Typo.  Meant 6:39 am, NOT 6:29.  10 min from port to FLL with no traffic.  Sorry!