Taste and Savor on Epic - 2 Questions

Magicbar

I am on the Epic (10 day Western Carib) on Jan 23, 2019. Here are my questions"

1) How many different main dining room menus are there and on a 10 day will I see different ones every day or will some be repeated?

2) Is it possible to check out the menus for the entire cruise at the beginning of the cruise? I would like to be able to plan my specialty dining around nights where the Taste, Savor and Manhattan menus don't interest me.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

On a 10 day cruise you should see a different menu every night. You can do a google search and find the menus, the problem is that there is not set order so until you get on the ship you won't know what is coming when.

6 hours ago, Magicbar said:

I am on the Epic (10 day Western Carib) on Jan 23, 2019. Here are my questions"

1) How many different main dining room menus are there and on a 10 day will I see different ones every day or will some be repeated?

2) Is it possible to check out the menus for the entire cruise at the beginning of the cruise? I would like to be able to plan my specialty dining around nights where the Taste, Savor and Manhattan menus don't interest me.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You should have 10 different mdr menus.  There is no way to check out the mdr menus at the beginning of the cruise for the full 10 days to see which night they are serving what.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

I thought that they would have to know which menus they are preparing at the embarkation because they would have to provision up for them. Am I correct in this thinking and has anyone been able to see the menus for the entire trip at the start of the cruise?

10 minutes ago, Magicbar said:

I thought that they would have to know which menus they are preparing at the embarkation because they would have to provision up for them. Am I correct in this thinking and has anyone been able to see the menus for the entire trip at the start of the cruise?

We've asked to see the menus for the week at the beginning of the trip and we're going to ask to the do the same on our next cruise.

On one of our cruises last year, the menu for the first and last night was the same. But I think that had to do with provisioning -- it was the first cruise out of Puerto Rico after the hurricanes and I know they were struggling to get some supplies to the ship.

10 minutes ago, Magicbar said:

No way to see menus in advance. 

Yes. The executive chef does not wake up in the morning and decides what he wants to cook for 4500 for dinner that night. Then go grocery store. 

NCL uses 14 different main dining room menus (regional). The executive chef selects the menus for a specific cruise a couple of months in advance. And sends a provisioning request to NCL corporate who approves and order many semi-trailers of food.