Emerald Princess 2019 Drydock

Ep010835

• 4 weeks later...

Emerald is set to have Medaillon WIFI for this summer trips per news release.

This latest deck plans for the Emerald on the Princess Web site show Horizon Court -- usually, if there is going to be a change, they post a date for the change.  

The new bedding is already available.

See Emerald Dry Dock cam  --  https://www.princess.com/bridgecams/     Select Emerald Princess

DD dates = March 29 -- April 14  = 16 days ; originally was 12 days. 

28 minutes ago, LAS!!1414 said:

Emerald is set to have Medaillon WIFI for this summer trips per news release.

This latest deck plans for the Emerald on the Princess Web site show Horizon Court -- usually, if there is going to be a change, they post a date for the change.  

The new bedding is already available.

See Emerald Dry Dock cam  --  https://www.princess.com/bridgecams/     Select Emerald Princess

DD dates = March 29 -- April 14  = 16 days ; originally was 12 days. 

So you think it's just the WiFi being done ?

My guess it is similar to recent Ruby reno--new carpet (needed), update the Pizza and hot dogs areas...hoping it includes the big screen TVs with on demand and the new wi-fi.....Please let us know when you get on board.  I'm on Emerald in May.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:15 AM, LAS!!1414 said:

Thanks -- I hope not !!!  Will be on Emerald out of Vancouver May 15 -- will see.

Are you sure? I am on the Emerald May 15th and it should be in Spain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, LAS!!1414 said:

That's what I have been able to determine, but who knows -- I will be on April 15 and get the straight scoop.     

Don't forget about us tomorrow Las! We are counting on you for a full report 🙂

I'd be especially interested to know if they upgraded their internet. I was on a few months ago and it was the same old crappy slow internet.

Enjoy your trip!

On 3/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, LAS!!1414 said:

That's what I have been able to determine, but who knows -- I will be on April 15 and get the straight scoop.     

Would really appreciate an update when you get on board.

Thanks.

Just looked at the ship details on princess.com and they’ve made updates to Emerald to reflect some of the rebranding/refresh including World Fresh Marketplace,Plank & Steamers and Coffee and Cones. I know they’ve received mixed reviews on Caribbean Princess, but I’m happy to see some refreshening. 

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ep-emerald-princess/

Edited by Jennwick
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jennwick said:

Just looked at the ship details on princess.com and they’ve made updates to Emerald to reflect some of the rebranding/refresh including World Fresh Marketplace,Plank & Steamers and Coffee and Cones. I know they’ve received mixed reviews on Caribbean Princess, but I’m happy to see some refreshening. 

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ep-emerald-princess/

Thank you for this information. I hope it's correct. After reading your post, I saw it in the ship details also.

However, I just looked at the deck plans for Emerald Princess again, and they show Pizza and Ice Cream Bar - not Coffee and Cones - on the Lido deck. This seems to conflict with the description.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that, since they are making HC into World Fresh Market Place, they are also adding Planks and Steamers. When we sailed on CB last year (March 2018) we found that going all the way through the buffet to the Planks/Steamers area provided better breakfast selections. That's where the cooked-to order eggs were and the made-to-order omelettes were there also. Many people didn't realize there were other selections back there and there was always seating available as well. Lunch was also provided back in that area with vastly different options than in the main buffet. I'm also happy about the change to the grill. Salty Dog Grill had additional items added to the menu. We sail Emerald next November so the upgraded Internet and the new dining venues will be great for us.

Edited by Thrak