Error notice -"You do not have permission" 2F173/H

On 11/14/2018 at 3:13 PM, GYMIL said:

I KEEP GETTING THIS NOTE AND I AM SIGED IN AND STARTED THE TOPIC  ???

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

What is the thread you are trying to view? Do you  have a link

I got the same message with a different error code.  I was trying to access the thread titled "Theater Chair Savers".  I think it was on the Princess forum but not 100% sure.  Anyway it says to check here before emailing the community team.  

Anyone know what happened to this thread?  

Error code: 2S136/V

Hello, and welcome to CC, taf45377!

7 hours ago, taf45377 said:

I received the same error message when I tried accessing the following webpage:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1369197-how-to-post/

Why would I be restricted from this site.

That thread has probably either been deleted, or moved to a place where it can't be read. I can't say for certain, but my guess is that it is one of the threads that used to live on the old Help forum. But as the instructions in those threads have been superseded with the introduction of the new software, it looks like all of the old Help forum has been removed from view by one means or another.

In other words, it's not just you. None of us can get that thread any more.

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

I was trying to access the thread titled "Theater Chair Savers".  I think it was on the Princess forum but not 100% sure.

That is far too vague for us to try and help - maybe you can search for the

thread and come back with the link to it.

Hi - I have been having some problems with this. We think it may be something to do with how you log in.

If you are logged into cruisecritic.CO.UK  it doesnt seem to open anything on

Cruisecritic.COM.   I am told it was always the case but I dont recall it being so often. CC are still lookng into it.

In the meantime if you are logged into .co.uk log out and log into

boards.cruisecritic.com   and try that. let us know how you go on.

If you call boards.cruisecritic.com, then you will stay on boards.cruisecritic.com however far you navigate around the boards.

However, if you call www.cruisecritic.com (even if by accident, eg trying to use a "Find Your Roll Call" tool), then you can be auto-redirected to www.cruisecritic.co.uk - and once you are there, you will be not logged in either to www.cruisecritic.co.uk or boards.cruisecritic.co.uk (which is where you can end up if you try to use links back to the boards).

I personally just try to avoid going to www.cruisecritic.com pages so far as I can.

However, if you can't avoid using a www.cruisecritic.com page, there are two quick ways of making sure you stay on www.cruisecritic.com, at least for that session:-

1. Before you click such a link, first go to www.cruisecritic.com, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on the US flag. That will cookie you to stay on .com. Then you can click the link and you should should remain on .com.
  2. If you have already clicked a link and been redirected to .co.uk, then go to the address bar, change .co.uk to .com, and then add the following at the end of the URL: &setrd=s (assuming that the URL already has a ? in it - if it doesn't, then the tag to add is ?setrd=s). This will similarly cookie you and keep you on .com.

For the benefit of those who like to complain about the new software, this has got nothing to do with the change as these steps have been necessary for some time now.

20 hours ago, ldubs said:

I got the same message with a different error code.  I was trying to access the thread titled "Theater Chair Savers".  I think it was on the Princess forum but not 100% sure.  Anyway it says to check here before emailing the community team.  

Anyone know what happened to this thread?  

Error code: 2S136/V

Well, in my case it looks like the thread was deleted.  Not sure why but that would explain this message I suppose.  

8 hours ago, BabaSails said:

I am on a few different threads at present.  I keep getting this message, but I immediately get connected.  So, why I am I getting the message when I obviously do have permission?  

It seems likely that you're relying on automatic log-in when you come to CC, and that you're first asking for a page which requires you to be logged-in to be allowed to read it (eg roll call threads). The first page call is made when you're not logged in, hence the error, but the automatic log-in system then does it job, including refreshing the page, so that a few seconds later the page is displayed to you. The current log-in system with the automatic refresh has, I think, been put in place so that you will be automatically logged in to both boards.cruisecritic.com and www.cruisecritic.com at the same time.