"original poster" notation question

PSR

I am missing this feature from the "old" CC. I didn't realize I would miss it until I look for it during a long thread because I can't remember who the OP was. Is still there and I can't find it, or is it really no longer shown? If so, wish we could get it back...:classic_unsure:

11 minutes ago, catl331 said:

What I miss is the ability to click on the "replies" count for a thread on the forum first page and get a pop-up list of names of everybody who posted on the thread, and how many times.

That, and the ability to select their posts only in the thread. That came in very handy when someone was doing a 'live from', and the reader had missed quite a few posts. Made it easy to catch up on only the OP's posts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PSR said:

I am missing this feature from the "old" CC. I didn't realize I would miss it until I look for it during a long thread because I can't remember who the OP was. Is still there and I can't find it, or is it really no longer shown? If so, wish we could get it back...:classic_unsure:

Yes, we also miss this feature.

2 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

With all the things I miss from the old system, I am trying to figure out what (if anything) I really like with the new one!

One thing I like is to see the whole original post if you click the title of the post. On the old system you only got the first line or two. Sometimes the title sounds interesting, but the post isn't. Otherwise, the old one was ok.

8 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

With all the things I miss from the old system, I am trying to figure out what (if anything) I really like with the new one!

One thing I like very much with the new system is that if I sign out before catching up on everything with new posts, they are still bold when I sign in again. I go right back to where I was when I last read that thread.

I don't like that the unread posts aren't bold, and don't register as read, if not signed in, but the first feature takes care of that nicely.

Wow, it is clear I haven't been keeping up.  People on this thread are lamenting functions I never knew existed.  All I really want is the setting that allows me to read threads from most recent back to the original post.  Why do I need to click on a thread I've already seen, then click on the newest page, then go to the bottom of that page to find the newest posts.  I clearly haven't found the function Ruth talks about in her post just above.

6 minutes ago, the2ofus said:

Wow, it is clear I haven't been keeping up.  People on this thread are lamenting functions I never knew existed.  All I really want is the setting that allows me to read threads from most recent back to the original post.  Why do I need to click on a thread I've already seen, then click on the newest page, then go to the bottom of that page to find the newest posts.  I clearly haven't found the function Ruth talks about in her post just above.

To find the last unread post in a thread do this.....

On the forum page you will notice either a blue circle or, if you have posted on the thread, as blue star. just to the left side of the thread title.  Click on the circle or star and wait a few seconds and you will be at the last unread post.

11 hours ago, PSR said:

One thing I like is to see the whole original post if you click the title of the post. On the old system you only got the first line or two. Sometimes the title sounds interesting, but the post isn't. Otherwise, the old one was ok.

I love this new feature!!!  I did not realize some of the other features talked about here were even on the old forum.  :classic_wacko: