Is it time for a CC'er revolt?

eddeb

Is it time to tell Andy and Frank we are unhappy about no more Ribeye Steak In Cagney's Or Lobster on the Bliss?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should tell Andy and Frank we are not at all happy about removing Cagney's Signature Rib Eye and Lobster on the ship?

• YES- I think Andy and Frank should be told folks do not understand why you can not get a Rib Eye Which is a signature item At Cagneys. :)
    • No- They have just ordered six new Billion dollar ships and they need to keep the bankers happy. :(
    • I don't eat steak or lobster. :)

Thanks Bob,

Check out need2cruisesoon's live posts from the Bliss.

He said many CC'ers and guests were not at all happy

at Cagney's and NCL saying: It's not on the menu anymore.

Things that were inclusive when we booked the Bliss:

Jimmy Buffet's Joint> included N/C

Go Karts N/C

Laser Tag N/C

Rib eye> Signature steak house item> GONE.

Lobster in Ocean's> GONE.

Next they will be charging at the local> stay tuned.

Thermal spa was $169 when we booked, now $249pp

Prohibition was $15pp now ? gotta watch weekly.

I can go on but just a few examples. I am not concerned about

price increases, but double digit increases for dozens of things

is what you need to know about. If getting bigger means getting better,

we are all for that, but getting bigger and getting worse  is not something

we should be after. Just our thoughts. It's always 5 o,clock on the ship. 🙂

11 minutes ago, eddeb said:

Steel, Check out need2cruisesoon's posts> No More Rib Eye On the Menu at Cagney'sand he said some folks were not happy cruisers. 

Indeed I've seen this comment in a number of places, which is why when I saw the menu posted today from the Epic TA crossing I was a little hopeful that it may not be fleet wide just yet so that when I sail the Epic Dec 5 I may get one more ribeye in - it's always been a favourite.

37 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Don't eat rib eye, but lobster is on my list of desired options when cruising.  High on my list.  Your poll didn't include lack of lobster irritation 

We'll do that after the revolution 3kids, you are too cute!  🙂

45 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

When I get irritated (like when there is no lobster on the menu) my husband doesn't think I'm too cute 😂

You go girl, and tell your hubby I said he is a "Lucky man" aka Eddie Murphy in

Trading Places quote. We'll start a whole new post about other cruise lines

serving lobster in their MDR's at no charge, and NCL not offering it at all.

Coming soon to a post near you... 🙂 

We're the Moore's

Tampa Bay

6 hours ago, eddeb said:

Things that were inclusive when we booked the Bliss:

Go Karts N/C

Laser Tag N/C

I'm not aware of those items ever being no charge. There was a time when the price hadn't been announced, but it was always pretty obvious that they would have a charge, in my opinion. I'm sure that they were never at any point advertised as having no charge.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eddeb said:

Lets hear from ribeye and lobster lovers please!😎

not  a complete poll: you didn't give an option for voting: I like them both but it doesn't bother me they are gone. BTW, a few have said the RibEve is not gone. Read the thread where someone says they are on NCL now and Ribeye is on the menu. BTW, I happen to be one that can live without Ribeye when there are so many other good steak choices like Porterhouse and T Bone. We will all get over not having a Ribeye just like we get over other little disappointments. 

It really doesn't matter to me, as there are so many other things to eat that I wouldn't get upset by this.  Not to mention, if I want it I can always purchase it at a restaurant back home.  

There should have been "don't care either way" and then I would have voted.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 2

I did not vote in the poll.  It was all the excellent appetizers they removed years ago that I am still upset about.  Cagney is still really good but every time they change the menu it loses a bit of appeal IMHO.  Its never a change for the better for sure.

• Like 1

The ribeye on the Jade on bbq night in the buffet was inedible. I will take everyone's word for it that in the specialty restaurants it is better. That said I live in a part of the country that specializes in beef, beef and more beef so I try to eat the fish on board. It doesn't have to be lobster.

Just got off the Dawn.  The Ribeye was written on Cagney's menu but waiter said it was not available.  I was soooo looking forward to a nice fat juicy Ribeye and was very disappointed when I could not order it.

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

Why people get so upset with the lack of a 3 1/2 oz lobster overcooked or one cut of steak is unfathomable to me.

I agree.  There are so many other more important things in life to get upset over.  I live in New England and the sight of someone eating lobster especially when the green goo comes out after cracking makes me gag.  Ribeye is not on my top 5 choices of meat either.  Actually, it makes me a little happier that these options are not available!

On a cruise forum, changes to what has traditionally been offered is a normal thing to be “upset” about.  Lots of people only get infrequent vacations, and aren’t able to go out for steak and lobster at home.  The special meals they look forward to on a cruise are important to them.  It’s great for you, that you don’t care.  But not appropriate to belittle others for what they care about.  

• Like 5