Hull Art for Carnivals new LNG ship

Fairsky84

18 hours ago, The4Cruisers said:

I don't like it at all, but that's just me.  Others seem to really dig it.  Good deal for them!

I just know that all of that dark blue is going to affect the quality of my cruise even though I cannot see it when I am on the ship. It will be something akin to people not dressing up on elegant night.

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I'm torn over this....I love the way the traditional ships look, and I just don't know how to feel about this new design. Maybe I just don't take change well. The new design is more elegant looking, but it just doesn't look like a Carnival ship to me.

I  agree.  I like the classic look of the all white Carnival ships.  The dark blue on the bow reminds me of a pontoon boat.  Leave the fancy paint jobs to NCL.  I'm also not fond of the cabins set in and out.  Some will like it, some won't.  We are all entitled to our own opinions whatever they may be.  I'm sure Carnival is going to do what they want, no matter what our opinions are.

That's it, They are changing what the ship looks like with that paint scheme, I am switching lines.

How can this happen!

OMG!

Going to sell my shares now!

Just Kidding, I like the Blue Bow.

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like it.  Yeah, it's a little classier looking.  Why is that a bad thing?  Unless they start to change how the atmosphere is on the ship then it should matter what the paint job is.  We are certainly going on it on the fall of 2020.  The ABC iten of the Radiance was tempting but I am determined be to on this ship.  Not often we can get on a new ship in PC, Miami to long of a drive for us. 

I love reading these comments,  everyone got an opinion and yet none of us was asked lol.   Personally i think it would look good even, lets say, as a purple boat with a painting of a wizard who's shooting lightning out of his fingers while riding a unicorn sneezing rainbows

8 hours ago, mredandchis said:

I love reading these comments,  everyone got an opinion and yet none of us was asked lol.   Personally i think it would look good even, lets say, as a purple boat with a painting of a wizard who's shooting lightning out of his fingers while riding a unicorn sneezing rainbows

(Nice Carmax reference...)

Technically, by posting the image Carnival is looking for feedback.  Otherwise why bother so far in advance?

And John Heald did ask directly in his FB post, and is running a poll:

"Please let Christine and the beards know you think she looks brilliant and of course....fun?"

So yes, please proclaim your opinion!

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

(Nice Carmax reference...)

Technically, by posting the image Carnival is looking for feedback.  Otherwise why bother so far in advance?

And John Heald did ask directly in his FB post, and is running a poll:

"Please let Christine and the beards know you think she looks brilliant and of course....fun?"

So yes, please proclaim your opinion!

Well really , I dont care what colors they paint her.  I will say it does have a richey feel to it.  But a  ship is really a lot of steel made pretty.   A cruise ship is mainly the crew, the management, the food  and the entertainment and a few islands.  I mentioned crew first cause they are really where the rubber meets the highway and a unhappy crew can be felt.   Ok i will grant you layout has a small piece of it all too but I didnt like Vistas layout but the crew was fantastic and i had a ball on her and wouldnt hesitate to board that ship again.  So it still boils down the the onboard experience and management is doing a good job, so they can paint her anyway they want to.  

Oh and btw,  that boat painted like that will get looks.

I wonder if this will be a unique livery for this new class of ships, or will we eventually see the entire Carnival fleet repainted.

When Royal Caribbean was building Oasis of the Seas and revealed her light blue hull, we were told it was a special livery for the Oasis-class only. But then the Quantum-class was also given the light blue hull, but none of the older ships were repainted. I’ve always wondered what the rest of the RCI fleet would look like with the light blue hull.

Is this what CCL will do? Will all new Carnival ships going forward get the new look?

9 hours ago, Moviela said:

What is that red box on the side of the Edge? Is that a shipyard construction elevator they forgot to take off. 

That is a variable-deck open area that expands the available floor space depending on need.  It can be used to expand the dance floor of a club at night (one of the upper decks), or lowered to make access to tender boats easier - walk right out the side of the ship to the tender boats.  Lemme see if I can find the snippet I saw on a website.