Royal IQ app versus Royal app

RoyalIQ is used on Quantum class and Harmony.

The new app is Royal.  It will eventually replace RoyalIQ but they are focusing on ships that have no app at the moment before converting ships that use the RoyalIQ app.  I think by the end of 2019 they plan to have most ships on the Royal app.

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Are there actually 2 apps now, Royal IQ and the Royal one?  If so, which ships use each?  

Royal IQ app: Quantum, Anthem, Ovation, Harmony (app development stopped 2+ years ago - no other ship will get this)

RCI app: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Indy, Majesty, Mariner, Oasis, Serenade, Symphony

RCI has been adding about one ship a month to the RCI app. Not all features are available on each ship. Ex, only Allure has the chat feature now.

Edited by Biker19

12 minutes ago, acegolfer25 said:

While cruising, I want to communicate with other guests without paying for internet. I was able to do that using Royal IQ + discord. 

Does RCI app allow hidden access to certain websites/apps? 

Hidden access?  Not sure about hidden access but certain websites are available simply by connecting to the ship wifi such as Royal's website.  The app doesn't provide that, the ship wifi does.

Guest chat is currently in beta testing on Allure using the new app.  As they work out the kinks such as how to communicate with guests not in your own reservation they will eventually roll out the chat feature to more ships.  

They are struggling with push notifications at the moment.  Their goal is not have to open up the ports used by iMessage like they did for RoyalIQ but they aren't having very much success.  Absent of push notifications the chat feature is pretty useless.  

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Hidden access?  Not sure about hidden access but certain websites are available simply by connecting to the ship wifi such as Royal's website.  The app doesn't provide that, the ship wifi does.

Guest chat is currently in beta testing on Allure using the new app.  As they work out the kinks such as how to communicate with guests not in your own reservation they will eventually roll out the chat feature to more ships.  

They are struggling with push notifications at the moment.  Their goal is not have to open up the ports used by iMessage like they did for RoyalIQ but they aren't having very much success.  Absent of push notifications the chat feature is pretty useless.  

They are talking about the firewall hole in the Royal IQ app that allows you to text and access certain websites without having to buy Voom.  The are hoping the Royal App has the same hole, which it does not.

Edited by reallyitsmema

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, mmsoko said:

Oasis

adventure

Oasis no (at least not on 11/25/18 sailing)

Adventure yes (used my phone to board in October but had printed SetSail pass in pocket just in case)

Oasis still hands out SeaPass cards in the terminal.  It seems like only ships that have converted to distributing SeaPass cards on the ship offer the electronic SetSail/BP, at least that I've experienced.

So if I am on Anthem out of Bayonne- what do I do for an electronic set sail pass? I don’t see a way to use IQ at home- it’s just advising me to use ship WiFi. And regular Royal can look up my cruise but says it’s not supported.

i just wanted the digital copy as a just in case. Never forgotten passports or boarding passes *knocks on wood* yet but thought a backup might be nice.

20 hours ago, sperkins921 said:

I did. Like said I was hoping for a just in case back up. First time on Anthem- not royal- so wasn’t 100% sure if it was available. Thanks for the heads up!

Use print to PDF to create a file of your pass, then email it to yourself.

• 1 month later...