Elite amenities

ronjoh

I understand when you achieve Elite there is one time benefits such as "complimentary Mini bar set up". This is one time only per stateroom. That's great but what happens when only one of the people in the stateroom turns Elite. Also, what happens on the next cruise when one person is an Elite member and the other is just turning Elite?

It is exactly that - one per stateroom regardless of whether there are more than one elite in the stateroom.  The only way to get two mini-bar setups is in the case of full suites (which gets one mini-bar set up per full suite regardless of the captain's circle status) with at least one elite.  In that case you get two set-ups.

So on my next cruise I (we) get a bar set up. On the following cruise my wife becomes
Elite and she (we) get a bar set up? Right?

If you both become Elite on the same cruise you only get one bar set up?

We Canucks like to understand the rules before the cruise, rather than trying to figure it out afterwards :-)

Thanks

Even when both of you are elite you only received one bar set-up unless you are in a full suite and then you get an additional set-up.

From the Princess website:

Elite Stateroom Amenities Package

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**
Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up consisting of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once onboard you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply. Drinks will be refilled upon request and you will only be charged for the additionally requested drinks consumed.

**For passengers 21 and over, complimentary mini-bar set-up is one time only, per stateroom.

(https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page)

I know we (together ) will receive one bar set up.

What if I'm traveling with my son and I turn elite. I assume I will get the bar set up.

A month later my wife travels with our son and she turns elite, will she receive the bar set up? 

6 minutes ago, geoherb said:

It's once per cruise segment every time after you've turned Elite. The way you worded your question makes it sound like you think the minibar setup was just good for the first cruise after you turn Elite.

It is only a one time set up when you turn Elite

If there is one elite person in the cabin, you get one set up.  If there are 2 elite persons in the cabin you will get one.  Every cruise for the rest of your life.  The only exception to this is if you are in a suite.  And then you get 2.  But your wife has to be elite before the cruise.  Turning elite ON that cruise, it would be the next one.  

3 minutes ago, ronjoh said:

I know we (together ) will receive one bar set up.

What if I'm traveling with my son and I turn elite. I assume I will get the bar set up.

A month later my wife travels with our son and she turns elite, will she receive the bar set up? 

Yes and if you ever travel in separate cabins you will both get one.