Club Class intro in cabin

ChrisB123

41 minutes ago, ChrisB123 said:

Before our cruise on the Star, I wondered how club class worked and where we were supposed to go for meals. This was in our cabin ( D407 ) as soon as we walked in. In our opinion, it was WELL worth the additional cost. 

img307.jpg

I’m looking forward to being able to return from a shore excursion and get ready for dinner without rushing but without worrying about a possible long wait for a table. I hope what I’ve heard about the service being more like old times is true. 

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m looking forward to being able to return from a shore excursion and get ready for dinner without rushing but without worrying about a possible long wait for a table. I hope what I’ve heard about the service being more like old times is true. 

It's better then I thought it would be. Few people in the dining area and AMAZING service. We never had to wait to be seated and there was always something extra we could choose from. Our wait staff knew us by the 2nd night. 

7 minutes ago, ChrisB123 said:

It's better then I thought it would be. Few people in the dining area and AMAZING service. We never had to wait to be seated and there was always something extra we could choose from. Our wait staff knew us by the 2nd night. 

That’s good news. We’re cruising on Crown in April, and our 27 day includes a 12 day British Isles, so I knew making what’s now a 5pm dinner time would be a frantic rush. 

I wish that at least the Club cabins had a curtain to separate the bed from the sitting area like the new ships do. Even the regular cabins on some RCI ships do. On Royal Princess you pull it across and the tv watcher can watch all night and the sleeper can sleep in a dark room.  Pure bliss!!

1 hour ago, ChrisB123 said:

Nice to hear how it goes........we'll be trying CC for first time in 2020 and really look forward to a new dining experience.........enjoy your cruise and the CC amenities!

The extra items are very nice.  Sometimes it's a main course and at lunch it may be an appetizer, but enjoyable.  The service has been great on the two cruises I have experienced CC.  I'm looking forward to it again in '20.  

We had Club Class dining on the Ruby in October on a Pacific Coastal.  It was great, we made friends with our MDR CC staff.  They learned our likes and dislikes and we prepared when we came in.  the special pasta dishes made each night were always wonderful and you could choose them as a small or main course.  We never had to wait.  You are seated at your own private table.  Some people dislike not being seated with others to converse.

I have heard that arriving about 6:30 to 7:30 you may have a wait.  It depends on your cruise’s CC diners, if they linger at dinner, and if they are eating or not eating elsewhere (buffet, specialty dining, or in-cabin).  

We have paid the price twice and liked it as it was much better than we expected. But as a regular cruise category, we don’t value it enough as we always make sure that we get great service and food in the mdr with the “regular” staff. 

But to each their own. Choices to satisfy all. 

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’ve only read one poster who said it used to be good but got too crowded. 

Since there are a finite number of suites and CC minis, I don’t know how the number of diners could change dramatically. 

The total number may not change, but the number of those who want to eat at the same time can change from one day to the next.

Same as in regular ATD. If those assigned to ATD space themselves out evenly over the evening there will be no waits. If 900 decide to eat at the same time there will be a wait.

17 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’ve only read one poster who said it used to be good but got too crowded. 

Since there are a finite number of suites and CC minis, I don’t know how the number of diners could change dramatically. 

Posters say they are now adding more cabins to Club Class. I would say that will place an additional strain on the already small footprint CC has in the DR where it is implemented. Hence another comment where CC was extended further into the DR.

As stated there is still a peak time that most would like to eat. If they come at that time there will be waits as we have experienced.

Just a heads up.  Not all ships offer breakfast and lunch in CC.  Just off the Royal and CC dining was only available for dinner.  CC diners had to go to the MDR for breakfast or lunch.  It wasn’t a problem for us as we planned on eating only dinner in the CC dining room.

4 minutes ago, Boatsafloat2 said:

Just a heads up.  Not all ships offer breakfast and lunch in CC.  Just off the Royal and CC dining was only available for dinner.  CC diners had to go to the MDR for breakfast or lunch.  It wasn’t a problem for us as we planned on eating only dinner in the CC dining room.

This is a very confusing post to me.  I just got off a 14 day cruise on the Royal on November 9th, and CC dining was offered for ALL three meals if they were open in the MDR (i.e. no lunch in MDR on port days).  However CC breakfast and lunch was held on Deck 5 in Symphony DR and CC dinner is held on Deck 6 in the Concerto DR.  I really don't think they would have changed that big a thing in such a short time?  When you entered the Symphony DR for breakfast/lunch, CC dining was held to the right (port side) back in the corner.  Perhaps you thought since Concerto was closed for breakfast and lunch, there was no CC dining for these meals?

Pooh

27 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

This is a very confusing post to me.  I just got off a 14 day cruise on the Royal on November 9th, and CC dining was offered for ALL three meals if they were open in the MDR (i.e. no lunch in MDR on port days).  However CC breakfast and lunch was held on Deck 5 in Symphony DR and CC dinner is held on Deck 6 in the Concerto DR.  I really don't think they would have changed that big a thing in such a short time?  When you entered the Symphony DR for breakfast/lunch, CC dining was held to the right (port side) back in the corner.  Perhaps you thought since Concerto was closed for breakfast and lunch, there was no CC dining for these meals?

Pooh

I agree. We had CC meals available on the Royal for B/L/D. 

Not sure why they would cut out 2 out of 3 daily meals from the CC level.

It doesn't make sense and would not go over real well.