Demographic of ships during off season?

xps15z

Anyone with experience on Royal Caribbean during the off season? We are in our 30s with a 11 year old. I know in the summer the boats are filled with children around my daughters age. I'm curious how ships are in March, April and September. Those happen to be the kids sail free months. Is it a completely different  vibe on the boats when your not sailing in the summer or is it about the same?

We sailed on Princess when our children were still in school. We sailed in May and one time in November. Princess skews older to being with but even off season there were still enough kids of all ages for them to have a good time but not too many where they didn't get attention from kids club crew or use of the activities. I'm sure there will be plenty of children Royal Caribbean if you are sailing during kids sail free months. 

There really isn’t a true “off season” any more. Summer sailings tend to have more kids - but often lots of kids at Easter spring and fall breaks. Also many kids who are home schooled and foreign students.  Assume you are talking about standard one-week cruises. You would find less kids/families on longer cruises. 

16 hours ago, xps15z said:

Anyone with experience on Royal Caribbean during the off season? We are in our 30s with a 11 year old. I know in the summer the boats are filled with children around my daughters age. I'm curious how ships are in March, April and September. Those happen to be the kids sail free months. Is it a completely different  vibe on the boats when your not sailing in the summer or is it about the same?

We did a family cruise the last week of January 2017 on Oasis and there were plenty of kids. Our 13 yo granddaughter made a lot of friends in the kids club, on several nights she skipped MDR and had dinner with friends in the kids club.  Your age group will still be in the majority. Demographics change on the longer cruises, just got off the Symphony transatlantic and I would guess there were less then 50 kids on board.  There were over 2500 Diamond and above.

Definetly you'll see older people on off-season sailings, the same for the itinerary... Caribbean cruises are the choice of young people, while Baltic/Norwegian fjords are packed with white hairs.... 

Edited by Pipo

If you are paying for a suite there will be a lot of pinnacles during the months you mention and if you are on Oasis class that will mean significantly reduced seating and service for suite paying passengers in Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge.