How to search for all posts by username

A quick workaround that I can suggest off the top of my head:-

More formally, you could try this:-

• Go to the page for creating an Activity Stream: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/?do=create
  • Under "Ownership", click on "Content by specific members".
  • In the box that opens up, type the member's user name. When a pop-up appears with the member's user name and their avatar, click on that to confirm it.
  • Make sure that you either leave all the other settings as they are, or change only the ones whose effect you definitely want to change. (In particular, leave the first one as ("Show me") as "Content items, comments, and reviews".)
  • Give the Activity Stream a title.
  • Click "Save Changes".

This new Activity Stream will now be listed under "My Activity Streams", and whenever you go to it, it should show you a list of all posts by that member. If you click on this link - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/discover/836/ - and then save that as an Activity Stream for yourself, you should be able to see this working to show all of your posts. (I will leave that stream up for a few days before deleting it.)

1 hour ago, broberts said:

On a pc: Click the magnifying glass on the right of the search field. The  window fills with a search form.

But I found that you still need to insert a search term to make that work. Whatever word you put in, you could miss some of that member's posts if they don't contain the word.

7 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

But I found that you still need to insert a search term to make that work. Whatever word you put in, you could miss some of that member's posts if they don't contain the word.

I see what you mean. I guess using a custom stream would be best.

Interesting way is to do a member search.

Click search button inside of blue banner, enter user name, toggle from content search to member search

Screenshot_20181120-115727_Chrome.jpg

Scroll down and click Sesrch Members

20181120_115408.jpg

I like how they use the phrase Fetching Results while searching.  Took about 30 seconds

20181120_115424.jpg

Click on Find Content

Screenshot_20181120-115528_Chrome.jpg

Finished

Screenshot_20181120-115906_Chrome.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Thanks to all who replied.  I see there are several ways to go about this.  I decided to use Globilizer's strategy of creating an activity stream for my usual suspects, but its good to know the other methods if I'm just giving someone a quick check out.