Luxury Miami Hotel advice please

kneadsdough2cruise

Looking for a luxury full service (bar, restaurant, room service) hotel with a nice pool area and beach if possible.  Will be there for Christmas just after a cruise and 'gifting' ourselves with what we hope will be a wonderful two night stay.  DH and I are late 50's/barely 60 and while not looking for wild also not looking for going to bed at 7 pm!  Currently have a suite at the Kimpton EPIC booked (yes, realize there is not a beach but heard a great property) and just looking for options. 

Also heard there was construction going on across the street from the hotel so the noise level may be bothersome.  We will be there the evenings of DEC 23rd and DEC 24th checking out on Christmas Day.

Any help/advice would be appreciated, THANKS!!

Are you looking for South Beach or downtown? Between South Beach and Brickell, you can find pretty much any high-end property you want, with several of the usual players (Four Seasons, Ritz, etc) having multiple properties. I would go for the Four Seasons Surfside but it is a substantial splurge. The Miami Beach Edition would be another one of my top picks that may be slightly more reasonable. 

Noticed while going to Whole Foods yesterday that the entire river side of the Epic is covered with netting and scaffolding and not sure when that is going to come down.  Just something to think about.  

Yes, there is also construction going on next door. 

Other wonderful luxury hotels near the Epic are the Mandarin Oriental on Brickell Key.  It's on the water, has a great pool and a small man made "beach" right on the water.  Great bar and you can walk to great restaurants and nightlife. 

Four Seasons on Brickell is absolutely fantastic.  Their pool area is spectacular!

PaulH84 and Host CJSKIDS, thank you both for your insight.

PaulH84 WOW substantial for the Four Seasons Surfside quite the understatement.....but a gal can dream😉  Will check out the other options you listed, Thanks!

Carolyn, well looks like my sources on construction were right.  Glad I am asking around for information that could impact our trip in a negative way.  Thanks to you too and I will check out the other suggestions.

4 hours ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

PaulH84 and Host CJSKIDS, thank you both for your insight.

PaulH84 WOW substantial for the Four Seasons Surfside quite the understatement.....but a gal can dream😉  Will check out the other options you listed, Thanks!

Carolyn, well looks like my sources on construction were right.  Glad I am asking around for information that could impact our trip in a negative way.  Thanks to you too and I will check out the other suggestions.

Glad to help!  I was quite surprised at how it was covered the hotel itself was.

last minute travel has the Four Seasons at a nice discount quite often.  I have a friend who stays there often when coming down to see us.

I've stayed at the Epic Hotel.  We were there when they were doing part of the construction.

Take a look at the Mandarin Hotel.  Not too far from the Epic.  It is on a little island but you can just walk across the short bridge.

Has a manmade beach and also a nice pool.

We do often stay at the Four Seasons on Brickell.

Keith

If you want a true "resort" check out the Fontainebleau. One of the few true resorts in Miami. I am sure you will want to head out and enjoy the city, but if you don't want to you don't need to. It is large with many food options, bars, great pool, and beachside.