A step backward—-SeaPass card needed to get a pool towel

cruisestitch

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Beach towels in cabins are for taking ashore.  They are now (on Edge) going to the system seen on Royal Caribbean where if you want a pool towel, you need to show your Seapass card.  

Well, if you are going to the pool then that means you are not going ashore. So use the towel provided in your cabin. Your room attendant will replace it when they make up the room so you have it available if you go ashore the next day. Crisis averted.

This could solve the problem of towels being used to "save" lounges. It may prevent people from taking two or more towels during the course of the day without bothering to return the first (damp) one. However, the logistics of using the pass to get that towel and return it may be tricky.

Not surprised...Celeb has become Royal in many ways...Just another step down...

Hope they will have staff to give out the towels and sign them in...pain the neck!

Edited by hcat

Just now, CorgiToo said:

This could solve the problem of towels being used to "save" lounges. It may prevent people from taking two or more towels during the course of the day without bothering to return the first (damp) one. However, the logistics of using the pass to get that towel and return it may be tricky.

I use  at least two towels at a time.  One to cover the lounger and one to dry off..they can easily sign out at a time!

I noticed this too and thought the same thing.  It’s in the Celebrity app for our upcoming Edge sailing.  In the “hints and tips” section the last item is about checking out pool towels with your sea pass card.  We’re only sailing 3 days and will be in the retreat so I’m not worried about it personally but it did seem disappointing for this to be the new trend.

15 minutes ago, hcat said:

Well on Royal you have to line up to sign them out and back in..  And they do make mistakes..costly if they charge u for a used towel....

Never on Royal did I wait in line.  

Again, we’ve all enjoyed the info others have supplied since Lloyd started this forum, now we are getting negativity by a very few.:classic_wacko:

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

I've been an "Edge skeptic" since the very beginning.  I have a cruise booked so I can see for myself.  

The information about needing to check out pool towels is on the Celebrity app for my upcoming cruise.

I know already that there are things I will be missing -- there is no card room, there is no library.  According to the daily planner for the upcoming cruise there is one trivia a day.  

If I find that the room can't be fully darkened, this will be "one and done" for me.

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Well, if you are going to the pool then that means you are not going ashore. So use the towel provided in your cabin. Your room attendant will replace it when they make up the room so you have it available if you go ashore the next day. Crisis averted.

If you do not bring the used ( wet)  towel back to the room...you get charged for a purloined towel!

Edited by hcat

43 minutes ago, Oville said:

Never on Royal did I wait in line.  

Again, we’ve all enjoyed the info others have supplied since Lloyd started this forum, now we are getting negativity by a very few.:classic_wacko:

Sharing info  is a positive...and  although not a big deal, the towel program is not a Modern Luxury Advancement....

I have my own workaround for this issue..so no reason to dwell on it!

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

If you do not bring the used ( wet)  towel back to the room...you get charged for a purloined towel!

Same as when you bring your damp towel back with you from your excursion ashore. Not a big deal to carry your towel back to your room. 

Just now, WonderMan3 said:

Same as when you bring your damp towel back with you from your excursion ashore. Not a big deal to carry your towel back to your room. 

Guess I've been spoiled by Celebrity  over the years and have to adjust to Royal C ways again.. .no biggie

I saw this a few days ago, but was reluctant to post it because the app has had some incorrect info that later was corrected. A couple of weeks ago the app said that room service was $7.95 for all room service. A few days ago, it changed to the same policy as now (non-suite cabins pay $4.95 between 11PM and 6 AM). The cabanas were $99 port days & $199 sea days a couple of weeks ago and now are $400/day port or sea days.

The towel thing may turn out to be real, but thought I would find out next week on a cruise. The app is great for many reasons, but it is still labeled "beta" so they are still testing it. There are glitches, but hopefully after a couple of months of actual cruising , it will settle into being a great tool.

Here is the wording on there right now. Those on the early cruises will report back on whether it is enforced.🙂

image.png.6870afc4d94d7776c99c6d4f00a9e599.png

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I saw this a few days ago, but was reluctant to post it because the app has had some incorrect info that later was corrected. A couple of weeks ago the app said that room service was $7.95 for all room service. A few days ago, it changed to the same policy as now (non-suite cabins pay $4.95 between 11PM and 6 AM). The cabanas were $99 port days & $199 sea days a couple of weeks ago and now are $400/day port or sea days.

The towel thing may turn out to be real, but thought I would find out next week on a cruise. The app is great for many reasons, but it is still labeled "beta" so they are still testing it. There are glitches, but hopefully after a couple of months of actual cruising , it will settle into being a great tool.

Here is the wording on there right now. Those on the early cruises will report back on whether it is enforced.🙂

image.png.6870afc4d94d7776c99c6d4f00a9e599.png

I’m wondering if in this Beta mode Celebrity is building off a RCI app which of course would mention the towel checkout/in procedure.  Time will tell.