Cyber Monday Sale - What will it be?

TrolleyGirl

I am anxiously waiting for Holland America's announcement of what offerings they will have on their Cyber Monday sale.

I'm hoping for prepaid gratuities and some OBC.

Princess has announced theirs, stateroom upgarade, prepaid gratuities and OBC.

Cunard is offering double upgrades on staterooms.

I just called because I have a booking on hold from Sunday. I was given ppd gratuities and a $25 beverage card (solo traveler, interior cabin).

That brings the cost closer to the online TA quote, but it's still more.  TA is immediately payable in full and totally nonrefundable (cruise is at the end of Feb 2019), so I'm still thinking...

32 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Bummer for us.  Just checked our May 18, 2020 Alaska cruise and won't work for us.  Oh well, perhaps another sale will come along.

Update:  When I looked at the booking on HAL's website it looked like I wouldn't qualify for the Cyber Sale.  I called my TA and she was able to work with HAL to obtain both perks (grats and beverage card).  Glad I called my TA.

19 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Update:  When I looked at the booking on HAL's website it looked like I wouldn't qualify for the Cyber Sale.  I called my TA and she was able to work with HAL to obtain both perks (grats and beverage card).  Glad I called my TA.

Just booked a May 31st Baltic cruise with cyber deal. We are on Zaandam to Antartica in Jan 2020 and didn't think this would be covered but will now ask my TA to phone and ask on Friday. Thanks for the heads up Italy52

Just called TA to check on the cyber sale. Changed from the X4(which we really didn’t care about anyway)to the cyber sale. Cost went down and we got prepaid gratuities and $50 in beverage cards. Better deal for us. Thanks for the info!

have 2 cruises booked without Explore4 - thanks to CC I saw that Cyber sale was already in the works last night!.  My TA got the cyber sale perks (free grats and beverage cards) added to my bookings, and fares remained the same (non Explore 4 fares, I think they call it Advantage fare : refundable deposits).

I am a happy camper!👍🏻👍🏻😊

Edited by CJcruzer
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Betty in Cozumel said:

I don't see any change in price or any bonuses for the 14-night cruise we want on the Westerdam for March 3, 2019.  This is on the HAL website and my online TA.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Betty

Did you call your online TA and talk to the representative?  I didn't see anything on HAL nor on my online TA's website --- I called and talked directly with the online TA and she in turn called HAL directly and was able to get my perks.

Called HAL last night before they closed … we were booked on Maasdam in February 2020, was able to drop the Explore 4 package which dropped the total by $2100.  We lost $600 OBC from a couple promos (still have $600 OBC though) and picked up $912 in gratuities and $50 bev card. For the total savings and the fact that we can never drink enough to make a beverage package worthwhile, it was a win-win.  😄

14 hours ago, Betty in Cozumel said:

Yes I emailed my TA and he said he thinks HAL will be waiting until Monday to show anything.

Betty

The Cyber sale is on HAL's website.  You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.  Under "deals" at the very bottom if you click on it the "cyber sale Monday" page comes up.  Then you can go through the ships and sailings that are part of the sale.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, Hflors said:

The Cyber sale is on HAL's website.  You need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.  Under "deals" at the very bottom if you click on it the "cyber sale Monday" page comes up.  Then you can go through the ships and sailings that are part of the sale.  Good luck!

If only it were that easy - at least if you live in Europe... I saw the Cyber Sale offered on the German website as the page appeared when I clicked Offers , did a happy dance because we wanted to book another cruise anyway but wasn't able to find even one cruise - "0 results" when I clicked on the offer  (" find cruises") as suggested. The given phone number on the website didn't work, a travel agency ( a good one we often work with) couldn't get an answer either, cruise line simply said " can't find/don't know/ don't care" or something similar...

Right now it seems that smoke is coming out of my ears because we love the HAL ships and the cruises but communication with the cruise line is quite often difficult and the website .... No, I won't complain about the website again!

So I wonder if anybody in a European country was able to book a cruise under Cyber Sale promo conditions???

Contacted our TA . SHe was able to get us - dinner in a specialty resturant and $100 beverage cards each. we had already made final payment earlier this month, so this was a very nice surprise as most lines will not add benefits after final payment. she said it was because the price went down that they were willing to make the offer to both us and the other 3 cabins booked with us.