Switching Cruise Lines

Nancyewhite01

Hi,

I am eager to go to Havana. I haven’t been able to find a single sailing that fit with that port, my price range and the length of time I’d like to go. 

Aside from exploring Cuba, I’m mostly interested in relaxation and eating well. My partner doesn’t drink at all, and I rarely do, so a party atmosphere is not something I’m looking for. 

I’m considering the following, but exceedingly nervous that my thinking isn’t right and it won’t work so thought I’d ask experts. 

Would it work for us to sail 5 nights on the Celebrity Infinity leaving from Ft. Lauderdale 3/16 and then 4 nights also on the RC Majesty of the Seas leaving 3/25? I realize we’d need to take a taxi/Lyft from ship to ship, but would the timing work? Is the risk reasonable?

I appreciate any answers or advice. 

Thanks!

Nancy

10 minutes ago, Nancyewhite01 said:

Hi,

I am eager to go to Havana. I haven’t been able to find a single sailing that fit with that port, my price range and the length of time I’d like to go. 

Aside from exploring Cuba, I’m mostly interested in relaxation and eating well. My partner doesn’t drink at all, and I rarely do, so a party atmosphere is not something I’m looking for. 

I’m considering the following, but exceedingly nervous that my thinking isn’t right and it won’t work so thought I’d ask experts. 

Would it work for us to sail 5 nights on the Celebrity Infinity leaving from Ft. Lauderdale 3/16 and then 4 nights also on the RC Majesty of the Seas leaving 3/25? I realize we’d need to take a taxi/Lyft from ship to ship, but would the timing work? Is the risk reasonable?

I appreciate any answers or advice. 

Thanks!

Nancy

I'm not sure I'm understanding the question.

If you sail on the Celebrity Infinity on 3/16 for 5 nights, you'll be returning to Ft Lauderdale on 3/21.  The next cruise is 3/25 on Majesty of the Seas, right?

You'll have 4 days between cruises.  

Edited by Shmoo here

Is your goal just to see Havana or other places in Cuba ?

what is  your budget ?

RCCL  have  a 8 day  that leaves Mar 17  & hits  3 ports in Cuba

also a 7 day from Miami  that  has 1.5 days in Havana on the Empress

10 minutes ago, Nancyewhite01 said:

You are so right. I put the end date of the whole trip. The Havana trip would actually start on 3/21.

So the actual question is will this work if we sailed Celebrity for five nights beginning 3/16 and RC to Havana beginning the 21st?

yes   you are off one ship around 9am   then board the other  around noon

8 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Is this even permitted?

Disembarking from one ship and embarking on the other might mean that both cruise lines could violate the PVSA [Passenger Vessel Services Act] that restrict how foreign flag carriers can serve US ports and passengers.

do not think this is  a problem in this case  as both are RT closed loop cruises  out of Florida

We  have done  B2B cruises out of Miami on the same ship

The problem is  usually on Alaska  sailings 

8 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Is this even permitted?

Disembarking from one ship and embarking on the other might mean that both cruise lines could violate the PVSA [Passenger Vessel Services Act] that restrict how foreign flag carriers can serve US ports and passengers.

How do you figure that ?

55 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

Is this even permitted?

No.

The PVSA only applies to transporting passengers from one US port to a different US port on the same ship, without a stop in a DISTANT foreign port.

If OP sails Celebrity on one cruise, then moves to RC for a second cruise that's not a violation of the PVSA.

40 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

I had interpreted the OP's ask as leaving on one ship and returning on the other - with nights in Cuba in between, not simply two round trips on two different ships.

OP is asking about taking a 5 night round trip Celebrity cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, followed by a trip to Cuba, 4 night round trip RC cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. 

8 hours ago, SPacificbound said:

Just from my viewpoint the 8 day RC sounds more appealing to me. No changing ships.

Of course I'm not the one going.  :classic_wink:

I would probably go this route as well; there is always the possibility of a cruise being delayed, though pretty rare, and all the packing, unpacking, customs, and movement might be stressful and unnecessary. If I were going with my family, they would not appreciate this extra hassle one bit.

ON THE OTHER HAND. . . life offers too many ships and too little time, so the idea of experiencing two on the same vacation has a strong appeal, assuming you have the constitution and tolerance to deal with the adventure of a switcheroo mid-vacation.