10:35 FLL FLIGHT FROM PORT MIAMI

What I don't get is taking a flight from FLL to MCO after a cruise out of Miami.  Going to take a minimum of three hours at the airports for checkin, waiting, flight and luggage, plus ground transportation to Disney.   Rent a car and drive the 3 1/2 hours.  Boring, cheaper, and no possibility of losing luggage, either.  With the discounts I can get from former employer or various affinities I can get a large car for less than $50 (plus gas and tolls) or a van for $80.  No dropoff charges in Florida.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:46 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Yup.  I hope Emmy has good news in a few days.

I also wondered if they did it if a certain percentage of cruisers on-board were not US citizens.  That being said, if someone was trying to “stay hidden/illegally” in the States why would they leave the country for a holiday and raise their risk of deportation. I had that discussion with a few people on FB as well, who said they were trying to catch law breakers. They didn’t seem to follow my explanation.

Andrew, just read this thread today and wanted to thank you for the heads up.  We are on Allure at Christmas doing the exact same itinerary that we are doing in March on Symphony.  If there are any changes from the current delays I’ll let you know.  Hopefully our Nexus cards will save us some time.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 11/22/2018 at 9:34 AM, lake show cruiser said:

Hi, we are sailing on the Symphony of the Seas in March. Any chance of making a 10:35 southwest flight from Port Miami. We do have global entry and TSA precheck.  

TIA 

I just got off Symphony a few weeks ago and did self assist. I had a 9:20am flight in Miami. I had no problem. Get a taxi as soon as you get off the ship and be sure to be as close to first in line off the ship. Happy sailing................

Have a backup plan.

If you can't afford a couple of days hotels and meals, or if you'll get into trouble at work because something happens and you're not back on time,,, then I might rethink things.

Otherwise, if life is okay,,, then why not,,, give it a try.

19 hours ago, LeeW said:

What I don't get is taking a flight from FLL to MCO after a cruise out of Miami.  Going to take a minimum of three hours at the airports for checkin, waiting, flight and luggage, plus ground transportation to Disney.   Rent a car and drive the 3 1/2 hours.  Boring, cheaper, and no possibility of losing luggage, either.  With the discounts I can get from former employer or various affinities I can get a large car for less than $50 (plus gas and tolls) or a van for $80.  No dropoff charges in Florida.

And yet the Orlando route for Southwest is generally full. A lot of people don't like driving.  Glad we have options.