Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

You are famous!  And we love you!  Thanks for everything you are doing for us!  *hugs*

My phone has facial recognition, and it knew me yesterday with my sunglasses on, which were not on me when I scanned for it during setup.  I guess these things just know.

Rest today, Super Edgie!  You have earned it!  Enjoy your dinner at 15th Street Fisheries.  If you can, could you let me know (after you get home to VT is ok) how it was?  I recall that you seemed familiar with the place, but things can change, you know.  I found it online and want to try it on the 18th of December when I go over for my Nieuw Statendam cruise.  Thanks!

Enjoy your days off duty, even if you are not onboard.  :classic_wink:

I think we will go there tomorrow night if my Frankenstein scar isn't too ugly. It's room service for us tonight. 😊

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Is there a button on the bottom or the side of the TV itself that would allow the selection of an input?

I'm sorry, I didn't bother with it.  I was trying to get my iPhone AirPlay to connect to see how it worked.  It appeared to be connected; but it didn't work.

On 11/26/2018 at 8:34 AM, jsea said:

From what I can glean from photos shared in the media, standard staterooms and lower end suites (specifically Sky Suites but not sure to what level) feature C.O. Bigelow products, while higher end suites feature Santal 33.

From USA Today / Gene Sloan

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2018/11/25/celebrity-edge-cruises-groundbreaking-new-ship-photos/2105283002/

I was told the CO Bigelow products come in different levels (and I did notice they were different) and got better as the category rose, with the Iconics and Edge Villas getting Bulgari (and possibly PH, he couldn't remember). I didn't see Bulgari in any, but maybe they were planning to start with the commercial cruises.

From IamSea

"We are in AQ next month.  I was hoping that the TV would tilt toward the sofa and verada areas.  We do not watch TV in bed."

To clarify,  if we have AQ, bed by bath, the TV  will be  hung across from the bed and in a fixed position?  That seems dumb! And an ugly view with the TV  up there

48 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I think we will go there tomorrow night if my Frankenstein scar isn't too ugly. It's room service for us tonight. 😊

Sounds like a great plan....glad weather has warmed a bit.

Hope you get needed rest and can enjoy 15th St Fishery tom,..even maybe fir a nice lunch,,,

Sending you HEALING HUGS!,

2 hours ago, ecslady said:

Were you able to find out where the Concierge lunch is on embarkation day?  If not, could you when you get back on in a couple of days.

I'm fairly certain the Concierge luncheon will be in the only one of the four MDRs that will be open for lunch on the other days. Hopefully, the Concierge will be greeting people as they board, and directing them to the luncheon.

12 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I'm fairly certain the Concierge luncheon will be in the only one of the four MDRs that will be open for lunch on the other days. Hopefully, the Concierge will be greeting people as they board, and directing them to the luncheon.

I figured it would be one of the 4 MDR's, but it would be nice to know which one ahead of time.  I'm sure it will be crazy boarding on the 9th.

Edited by ecslady

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

From IamSea

"We are in AQ next month.  I was hoping that the TV would tilt toward the sofa and verada areas.  We do not watch TV in bed."

To clarify,  if we have AQ, bed by bath, the TV  will be  hung across from the bed and in a fixed position?  That seems dumb! And an ugly view with the TV  up there

Here’s a pic so you can see the TV, it’s not that bad.

B83C10AF-8A17-4F80-941B-D5969F11AB83.jpeg

5 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I figured it would be one of the 4 MDR's, but it would be nice to know which one ahead of time.  I'm sure it will be crazy boarding on the 9th.

I understand. I was going to say I was almost certain it was Cosmopolitan, but then began to second guess myself, thinking it was Cyprus lol. Not much help, I know😜

1 minute ago, Oville said:

Here’s a pic so you can see the TV, it’s not that bad.

B83C10AF-8A17-4F80-941B-D5969F11AB83.jpeg

Thanks.  You have done a great job filling in the blanks!

Would have preferred a nice  painting  or photo  across from the bed,..

.Definitely not as good as S class set up..but we'll have it off most of the time...just use it to check weather, ship position and our acct..

Looks like our shoulders will bump it a few times if we are not careful

3 hours ago, MVPinBoynton said:

here is a pic of the back of TV.  I will fix it up before I put it in the review. There is a way to use Apple AirPlay on the TV also; but I didn’t have the time to play with it. 

Mike from a fellow boynton beach person (and techie) thank you for the photo - I'm hoping that either airplay will work on they have the HDMI port enabled - we have a little one and it's useful for putting videos up on the tv

Philip

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Are the other restaurants buffets?  Nope.  

Have I ever seen grown women walk out of the bathroom outside OVC either without washing their hands, or having given their fingertips a cursory swipe under running water (say one second, no soap)? Yep. Every single day. Has my DH seen the same in the mens’ bathroom? Yep. Every single day.

35% of men do not wash their hands after using a public toilet.  Don’t hate the messenger 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Uh oh, vt... she's leaving without you.   :classic_sad:

Not sure how I would cope if it was me :-(

Post cruise blues would strike !

So glad that you have had a great cruise and hope that you are now feeling so much better re your injuries.

Thanks again for keeping us all on the edge of our seats (if you forgive the phrase) and look forward to your photos etc over the next few days.

Take care

x

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Ok, for a new item to bat around...

I just heard Edge's ship's horn again (I am on the port webcam), and IMHO it is wimpy.  I really expected her to have a low-pitched mega horn that would tell everyone who she is.  It is kind of disappointing.  :classic_sad:

Are you sure you heard the Edge horn? I just watched her sail away on the webcam, and heard her deep, resonant, magnificent horn!

4 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Are you sure you heard the Edge horn? I just watched her sail away on the webcam, and heard her deep, resonant, magnificent horn!

Well, I have to admit, that I heard her then, too.  However, when she first left the dock, she blew her three blasts, and Infinity answered her, and she sounded kinda puny.  Up close like that in the channel, it sounded much better.  Needs to sound better from far away.  That's all I am saying. 

And just now Infinity sounded kinda puny, too.  What's with our ladies?  They gotta get more sound!

Edited by beachbunny6