Fish spa

shipgeeks

While in Cozumel a couple of years ago, I came across a lady who had set up a fish spa (tanks with tiny dry skin-eating fish) in the mall.  I tried it.  $10 and 10 minutes later my feet looked and felt the best they had been in forty years.

I know there are some negatives as well as positives.

Have you ever done this?  Outcome?  Have you ever seen this on a ship?  

Not on a ship but when we were in Sardinia swimming/wading in the sea (late October), they were there and nibbling on our feet.  I believe the species is native to the Mediterrenean especially in the east.  Not sure if the range extents to Sardinia and if the fish there are a different species.  Strangely we didn't encounter them in Corsica.

As an FYI, they may not be (practically) permitted to be used in some places.  Where I am, they're considered cosmetic instruments and will have to be sterilised between uses.

I saw this in Cozumel as well - and I've seen it other places. The biggest negative to this is making sure the tanks get sterilized well between people. And of course, you can't really sterilize the fish, so there is a small risk of infection. Because of this, some states have banned the fish spas. 

I've only done it once. I loved it and my feet felt fantastic afterward. I wish I could do it more often. 

And to answer your other question; I have never seen it on a ship, but what a great idea to have a fish spa on board!