Check in online---- Upload picture

Aunu

Im trying to do the online check in for our cruise over Christmas but havn't uploaded a picture.  I need to do this?? I thought I read you didn't need to?  It won't let me proceed to the other parts, adding in our cc info or get our contract or our arrival info without it.  My husband is not home at the moment and wont be until 2 days before the cruise so i can't take a picture of him.  Any way around this? What if i dont end up doing it? 

14 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Where did you see this....I checked in for our January cruise but saw no request for uploading a picture...our friends saw it on theirs???

It was on the page where you put in passport and contact information.  When you start to check in.  

55 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Where did you see this....I checked in for our January cruise but saw no request for uploading a picture...our friends saw it on theirs???

It's not all ships apparently. I have 3 parties for a Feb Equinox cruise and there is no mention of it.

1 hour ago, kc.cruiser said:

I was having trouble with this section also.  I did all phone numbers with a dash not all run together and it worked. Thank goodness!

Seems like the issue is with the phone numbers then.  I took out the 1 in front but they were still all run together and it worked.  I wish it would have alerted me to what was wrong so i could fix it.  

2 hours ago, Aunu said:

Seems like the issue is with the phone numbers then.  I took out the 1 in front but they were still all run together and it worked.  I wish it would have alerted me to what was wrong so i could fix it.  

Not to appear rude, but are you sure this is for Celebrity?  Have had to upload photo's on RCCL cruises here in Australia.  I just completed checkin for Feb 2019 B2B's n Eclipse with no mention of photos

11 hours ago, neenee61 said:

Not to appear rude, but are you sure this is for Celebrity?  Have had to upload photo's on RCCL cruises here in Australia.  I just completed checkin for Feb 2019 B2B's n Eclipse with no mention of photos

Yes, im sure  🙂  Its our cruse on Infinity over Christmas.  

They must have changed the check in pretty recently.   I have the old-formatted xpress pass that I printed a while ago.  Now I see online that there are new formatted individual xpress passes where you can upload pictures.

I'm going to assume either will work but will have both available at the pier.   

1 hour ago, TickledBlue said:

They must have changed the check in pretty recently.   I have the old-formatted xpress pass that I printed a while ago.  Now I see online that there are new formatted individual xpress passes where you can upload pictures.

I'm going to assume either will work but will have both available at the pier.   

Either will work but I believe the new ones are designed to speed up the boarding process.   Would be interesting to hear from someone who used the new format recently.  

Did my check-in for my January cruise on Reflection and did it via the iPhone app, scanned my passport, took my photo, chose my boarding time and have my electronic boarding pass, easy peasy..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding is that the requirement of the picture is only required for ships that are currently on the Phone App.   They are preparing for checkin online.   

We have the app available (Equinox) and the updated Xpress pass available but no photo. I thought perhaps it was just ships using the new terminal but I haven't looked that closely. Edge, Infinity and Silhouette? We sail from Miami on Equinox.

Edited by paulh84

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Either will work but I believe the new ones are designed to speed up the boarding process.   Would be interesting to hear from someone who used the new format recently.  

I had done the normal check-in process but then when hearing that you could expedite check-in at the pier I went back in through the app and did the passport scan and photo upload. I'll see in 2 weeks if it helped move things faster at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I had done the normal check-in process but then when hearing that you could expedite check-in at the pier I went back in through the app and did the passport scan and photo upload. I'll see in 2 weeks if it helped move things faster at all.

Please come back and let us all know.   Will be interested to see if it really works or all just smoky mirrors. 

• Like 1

Just checked in online (via computer) for an upcoming 4-night Infinity out of FLL and was asked to upload photos for both of us. Took mine with computer webcam and used an online one of my husband. Was quite easy! Also saved both Xpress Passes as PDFs on my iPhone as it says only that you must have a "printed or digital" pass with you and the QR code is quite clear to scan. Not sure if they meant digital through the app, though? 

1 hour ago, gimletgal said:

Absolutely no need to include a photo! They are going to take your picture when you check in whether you included one or not.

I know this is the X board, but it's still RCI.  On my recent Allure OTS cruise I could not by-pass the photo.  I wasn't happy about it but when we checked in we did not have another photo taken and it had to be the fastest check-in I have ever experienced.  From the time we went through the security checkpoint to the time we were on the ship was 20 minutes - this was on a ship with 5000 of my closest friends! 

I will be on X in April, so I'll see what happens then.