RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

7 minutes ago, jcandjf said:

I am on 1/29 Symphony currently in large Balcony. We bid on GS, OS and CLS and have two that are listed as expired and one pending since yesterday. Hoping to see a confirmed upgrade soon!!

I bet you are in luck! Several folks on the book of face been getting upgraded already.

2 hours ago, ScubaAmanda said:

I went in to cancel one of my bids this morning and found that 2 of my bids expired and the one I wanted to cancel is pending and I can’t make changes anymore. My sailing isn’t until Feb 6…I haven’t heard of them closing it this early. Is that normal? I figured I would have had more time. Sounds like I might be stuck with the upgrade if I get it. I won’t be mad, I was just planning on cancelling it and boosting the other two. Oh well! Live and learn. But really, has anyone heard of them closing them out this early?

Curious which ship you are?  We are odyssey, Feb 6, and all bids still show as pending…

Dumb question but will still ask - as I'm traveling solo, would I only pay the per person rate or would I be double charged?

I went to do a Royal Up to a JS on my upcoming sailing and instead of the $315 it was showing me, the total price was $630.

5 minutes ago, Virtopia said:

Dumb question but will still ask - as I'm traveling solo, would I only pay the per person rate or would I be double charged?

I went to do a Royal Up to a JS on my upcoming sailing and instead of the $315 it was showing me, the total price was $630.

I’d like to know this as well!

Initially booked bargain basement guaranteed interior stateroom on the 1/28 Nav, put in simultaneous bids of $30/$60 total for an Ocean View, $40/$80 total for a "Spacious" Panoramic Ocean View,  Ocean View bid expired, got the Panoramic room, comparing rack rates seems to be about $80 savings from legit upgrade. Pretty humble all considering, but got a view for some natural light out of it so... And yes, corroborating ScubaCat3's answer that single cruisers pay for 2 "per persons" worth of bid for a room, at least by default. If there was a way to halve it for a single cruiser, it never said and I never saw one.

Edited by Uwlwsrpm

Upgraded this morning before 8am from Large Ocean Balcony to Crown Loft Suite on 1/29 sailing of Symphony. Paid a little over min bid. Definitely made my day!! Was in pending for 2 days with my two other bids expired. Looks like a lot of JS were upgraded as well as number available went way down. 

Edited by jcandjf
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, jcandjf said:

Upgraded this morning before 8am from Large Ocean Balcony to Crown Loft Suite on 1/29 sailing of Symphony. Paid a little over min bid. Definitely made my day!! Was in pending for 2 days with my two other bids expired. Looks like a lot of JS were upgraded as well as number available went way down. 

Wow congrats on our 1/29 Odyssey (yes different ship) was not given any options above 2b GS. Would have loved to try for a loft suite. Happy with our ov balcony to GS bid accepted. 

11 hours ago, Virtopia said:

Everyone who bids pays for two people.  That is true whether there are 1, 2, 3,4 or more people in the stateroom.  So, as a solo, you will pay double your bid.  A family of four will also pay double the bid.  I presume that is an easy way for the third party system to maximize revenue while minimizing variables.

• Like 1

So if you see others winning their bids, for the same cat you bid on, is it safe to assume you aren't getting yours? I'm guessing I'll be the one getting an email after sail away.

Have to admit I feel disappointed after telling myself it was ok if we didn't get an upgrade.

I booked a cruise a few days ago that will depart on January 28, 2022.  Went to the Royal Up page to see if I could bid on a Jr. Suite,  a message can up about making sure my information is correct and am I within 30 days, yes to both.  I know there are several Jr. Suites available, what would the reason be that I'm not allowed to bid?

Thank you

5 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

I booked a cruise a few days ago that will depart on January 28, 2022.  Went to the Royal Up page to see if I could bid on a Jr. Suite,  a message can up about making sure my information is correct and am I within 30 days, yes to both.  I know there are several Jr. Suites available, what would the reason be that I'm not allowed to bid?

Thank you

Not all bookings are eligible for RoyalUp (even ones that are booked with eligible TAs or directly with Royal).  I have never found any rhyme or reason as to which ones are eligible and which are not.  Also possible that it will take a few more days for your booking to get into the system and over to the 3rd party that manages RoyalUp.  I would keep checking !  Good luck.

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Not all bookings are eligible for RoyalUp (even ones that are booked with eligible TAs or directly with Royal).  I have never found any rhyme or reason as to which ones are eligible and which are not.  Also possible that it will take a few more days for your booking to get into the system and over to the 3rd party that manages RoyalUp.  I would keep checking !  Good luck.

Thanks so much for the quick response! I’ll keep trying.

• Like 1

Just checked my Cruise Planner for a Royal Up on a Feb. 6 departure.  It shows a change in the stateroom (upgrade from inside to balcony), but it's not in my docs or luggage tags yet.  Does anyone know how long it takes to upgrade that?  Also because I moved a sailing to book this one, it is not showing correct sailing in the app, but I'll worry about that when I get onboard.  

14 minutes ago, Cruises are us said:

Just checked my Cruise Planner for a Royal Up on a Feb. 6 departure.  It shows a change in the stateroom (upgrade from inside to balcony), but it's not in my docs or luggage tags yet.  Does anyone know how long it takes to upgrade that?  Also because I moved a sailing to book this one, it is not showing correct sailing in the app, but I'll worry about that when I get onboard.  

From what I have read it can take a few days for the luggage tags to update. I am on day two of the upgrade from a bid and still shows my old luggage tags. I sail 1/29 and will reach out on Monday if not yet updated by then. If all else fails I will get the tags from the porters when I arrive. 

On the app you can choose a new sailing / ship, not sure if you have tried this and see if that helps. 

Edited by jonj

4 hours ago, vegas7df said:

FYI - Just received an email offering Royal Up.  Ha Ha I need to learn to wait!

How long did you have to wait for your offer to be accepted? I’ve been waiting for over a week for a 1/30 sailing. Yes, I’m very impatient.  You don’t need to tell me. My husband constantly tells me this! Lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jonj said:

From what I have read it can take a few days for the luggage tags to update. I am on day two of the upgrade from a bid and still shows my old luggage tags. I sail 1/29 and will reach out on Monday if not yet updated by then. If all else fails I will get the tags from the porters when I arrive. 

On the app you can choose a new sailing / ship, not sure if you have tried this and see if that helps. 

Thanks.  I'll keep checking for the luggage tags.  I've checked the app, but it's not showing the correct sailing.  It's still a few weeks off, so I'll just keep checking.  

29 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

How long did you have to wait for your offer to be accepted? I’ve been waiting for over a week for a 1/30 sailing. Yes, I’m very impatient.  You don’t need to tell me. My husband constantly tells me this! Lol

My offer has not been accepted yet, I was waiting for the ability to make an offer.  The past 2 cruises that I made offers were accepted 2 days prior to sailing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

Do the Royal Up minimum bids fluctuate up and down? I could have swore when I looked last week, the minimums were a few hundred lower than what they are now. If they go up, can they also go back down? I just assumed they were the same always. 

Recently I have received a couple of "Special" Low minimum bids, the original was 25% off min bid. That was a couple of weeks ago with an "sale" ends by 1/31/2022. I guess if you get past that date it can go up, but we just had a new "special" sent to us, where the min bid is now 50% off, with that special set to expire on the 11th of Feb, so I guess the min bid can go up at that date now.

I was happy to see the "specials", since that tells me that they might not getting enough bids and hopefully I can score one on the cheap. (A guy can dream)

1 hour ago, Painter4me said:

Oh, I’m afraid you may have to learn to be patient if you are going to enjoy using RoyalUp.  Though there have been some bids accepted earlier, often bids seem to be accepted  2-5 days before the cruise…even bids submitted multiple weeks ahead.