RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 hours ago, imola said:

Still waiting.  Given that they are still selling cabins the light for us is dimming I am afraid. We head out about 7 am tomorrow for San Pedro, a 500 mile trip.  I have realized that we can do muster drill and health questionnaire both before boarding so that will help.  

I just checked and there are now three 2-bedroom grand suites available (there were only 2 of them yesterday)  There are three grand suites also  available to book. I doubt someone is going to book them tonight or tomorrow, but you never know

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I just checked and there are now three 2-bedroom grand suites available (there were only 2 of them yesterday)  There are three grand suites also  available to book. I doubt someone is going to book them tonight or tomorrow, but you never know

Here is hoping no one does.  lol

• Like 2

I am sailing on the Odyssey on March 20.  I've read other posts where people who are cruising around that same time have received emails notifying them about Royal Up opportunities.   I used a travel agent--does that affect whether or not I would receive one of these emails?  When I go to the Royal Up page and input my information a text box pops up saying I need to be 30 days out from departure date, but apparently others don't have that issue.  Just trying to figure out if I should be on the lookout for one of these emails or not because I used a travel agent instead of RCL directly. 

17 minutes ago, Mabel the Great..Dane said:

I am sailing on the Odyssey on March 20.  I've read other posts where people who are cruising around that same time have received emails notifying them about Royal Up opportunities.   I used a travel agent--does that affect whether or not I would receive one of these emails?  When I go to the Royal Up page and input my information a text box pops up saying I need to be 30 days out from departure date, but apparently others don't have that issue.  Just trying to figure out if I should be on the lookout for one of these emails or not because I used a travel agent instead of RCL directly. 

No, I used a travel agent as well and received the email directly from Royal with my royal up options.  I received the email around 45 days before my cruise.

Hi everyone. I'm hoping some of you can help me out with some info. We are on the Odyssey Jan 29 sailing. We're currently waiting on a Royal Up from interior to Ocean View Balcony or Large Ocean View Balcony. We've had successful royal ups in the past but never even knew you could see status of them. The other day, my wife noticed that the large ocean view balcony had gone expired and ocean view balcony was pending, which seems like a promising thing but now yesterday, the pending ocean view balcony went unavailable and the expired large ocean view balcony went back to pending? Any help would be appreciated.

41 minutes ago, Mabel the Great..Dane said:

Many travel agencies participate, but some do not.  It is possible yours does not.  Or perhaps offers for your March cruise will come later.  Not much you can do except check back.

Since our big box travel agent doesn't participate in the Royal Up program this cruise is the first time we have had a chance to bid. Our initial bid started out saying "Pending"  and now is says "Recieved". Does this mean anything? Not expecting to win the bid, but it was fun trying! Our cruise isn't until March.

6 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Since our big box travel agent doesn't participate in the Royal Up program this cruise is the first time we have had a chance to bid. Our initial bid started out saying "Pending"  and now is says "Recieved". Does this mean anything? Not expecting to win the bid, but it was fun trying! Our cruise isn't until March.

if you are on the site, you should be able to click on 'offer received' and that takes you to any offers you made.  That is where you'll see it show up as 'pending', 'canceled' etc.  

3 hours ago, Mabel the Great..Dane said:

I am on the Odyssey sailing on March 12 and just received Royal Up offer this past week, approx two months out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I am on the Odyssey sailing on March 12 and just received Royal Up offer this past week, approx two months out.

We got ours for the Symphony March 12,  2 weeks ago.  Seems like they do each ship independently and don't go by a set number of days before sailing

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We got ours for the Symphony March 12,  2 weeks ago.  Seems like they do each ship independently and don't go by a set number of days before sailing

I think you are correct. Plus availability for each Ship and Itinerary is different. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I got the Royal Up email on December 21st for my March 5th sailing on Symphony.  

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

See you on board I'm also on that sailing

Woohoo!  Hoping we get a few port stops in and some shows.  Right now we are in a hump balcony on 12, but have bid on some upgrades, but don't expect to get any.  Happy with the hump, so won't be disappointed if we don't 'win'.  

3 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Woohoo!  Hoping we get a few port stops in and some shows.  Right now we are in a hump balcony on 12, but have bid on some upgrades, but don't expect to get any.  Happy with the hump, so won't be disappointed if we don't 'win'.  

I'm on six about halfway between the aft elevators and the aft.  It was a TA comp cruise so I can't change it but I'm good with the location.  I don't think they even sent me  an upgrade offer for this one.  Might go in and check but since I'm solo on this and an upgrade would not mean ay points there's not much point in paying any extra

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm on six about halfway between the aft elevators and the aft.  It was a TA comp cruise so I can't change it but I'm good with the location.  I don't think they even sent me  an upgrade offer for this one.  Might go in and check but since I'm solo on this and an upgrade would not mean ay points there's not much point in paying any extra

I've been on deck 6 on Oasis and enjoyed the location. Unless you're on 14 right under the pool deck or something like that, I don't think there are very many 'bad' locations on Oasis class.  

7 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I've been on deck 6 on Oasis and enjoyed the location. Unless you're on 14 right under the pool deck or something like that, I don't think there are very many 'bad' locations on Oasis class.  

Yep, I was keeping my fingers crossed it wasn't 14.  Anything else I was fine with although I do prefer to be closer to the aft elevators as opposed to the forward ones

• Like 2

5 hours ago, danp2482 said:

Hi everyone. I'm hoping some of you can help me out with some info. We are on the Odyssey Jan 29 sailing. We're currently waiting on a Royal Up from interior to Ocean View Balcony or Large Ocean View Balcony. We've had successful royal ups in the past but never even knew you could see status of them. The other day, my wife noticed that the large ocean view balcony had gone expired and ocean view balcony was pending, which seems like a promising thing but now yesterday, the pending ocean view balcony went unavailable and the expired large ocean view balcony went back to pending? Any help would be appreciated.

I’m guessing there was an inventory issue, and they weren’t able to upgrade you….yet.  Doesn’t mean it won’t still happen

6 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I’m guessing there was an inventory issue, and they weren’t able to upgrade you….yet.  Doesn’t mean it won’t still happen

Thanks. I thought it was odd. Another party we're traveling with got upgraded to an Ocean View Balcony yesterday fro interior but nothing for us. Wife said the FB group for our sailing had a bunch of upgrades Friday and yesterday. That's what has her looking...

5 minutes ago, danp2482 said:

Thanks. I thought it was odd. Another party we're traveling with got upgraded to an Ocean View Balcony yesterday fro interior but nothing for us. Wife said the FB group for our sailing had a bunch of upgrades Friday and yesterday. That's what has her looking...

The upgrades seem to be trickling in over a period of weeks.  We are due to sail on Thursday, and upgrades have been awarded every few days in batches, with some just in the last day or so.  Good luck!

• Like 1