RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Hello everyone, Im doing my first cruise in over 20 years.  Will be on Navigator of the Seas, Aug 5 out of MIA.  

Family of 4, bought right into the one bedroom GS.  I booked the cruise last November and it was PIF sometime in late May. On June 4th, I got the Royal Up E mail.  Here are the numbers....

OS, low end $100, high end $600.  I bid $350

GS 2 B/R, low end $200 high end $500.  I bid $350

RS, low end $350 high end $1,000.  I bid $385.00.   

Having the 2 bedroom would be nice so the kids can have their own bedroom and bathroom.  

When I booked it, cost mattered otherwise I would have gone right for the OS or the GS 2 B/R.  

Now, 7 months later, I am fortunately in a much better financial state so that even if my bid gets accepted and I wind up paying more, its not that big of a deal for me, I know its not going to be thousands of dollars in RCI's favor so if it works out in RCI's favor, it wont be by that much.  My thing is to have a comfortable cruise.

If you go by what RCI says, both on the phone and the website, ALL suites have been sold out for months.  Obviously, we have to count on someone cancelling AND we have to count on our bid being the highest.  That said, I am considering upping my bid for the GS 2 B/R closer to the high end of the bidding.

Does anyone know if the Navigator has more OS staterooms or more GS 2 B/R staterooms?  

Edited by sr3303
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sr3303 said:

Hello everyone, Im doing my first cruise in over 20 years.  Will be on Navigator of the Seas, Aug 5 out of MIA.  

Family of 4, bought right into the one bedroom GS.  I booked the cruise last November and it was PIF sometime in late May. On June 4th, I got the Royal Up E mail.  Here are the numbers....

Having the 2 bedroom would be nice so the kids can have their own bedroom and bathroom.  

When I booked it, cost mattered otherwise I would have gone right for the OS or the GS 2 B/R.  

Now, 7 months later, I am fortunately in a much better financial state so that even if my bid gets accepted and I wind up paying more, its not that big of a deal for me, I know its not going to be thousands of dollars in RCI's favor so if it works out in RCI's favor, it wont be by that much.  My thing is to have a comfortable cruise.

If you go by what RCI says, both on the phone and the website, ALL suites have been sold out for months.  Obviously, we have to count on someone cancelling AND we have to count on our bid being the highest.  That said, I am considering upping my bid for the GS 2 B/R closer to the high end of the bidding.

Does anyone know if the Navigator has more OS staterooms or more GS 2 B/R staterooms?  

2 bedroom GS is rare. Never hurts to bid, though. With 4 pax, I'd up the bid

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

2 bedroom GS is rare. Never hurts to bid, though. With 4 pax, I'd up the bid

I had a feeling, because I tried finding a GS2BR as far out as next August and had difficulty finding something.  Sounds like the chance of a bigger suite opening up will be with an OS or the RS.

43 minutes ago, sr3303 said:

I had a feeling, because I tried finding a GS2BR as far out as next August and had difficulty finding something.  Sounds like the chance of a bigger suite opening up will be with an OS or the RS.

Dont concern about the 2 bed GS, someone that has one might want the OS or RS. 

It's a big domino affect

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Dont concern about the 2 bed GS, someone that has one might want the OS or RS. 

It's a big domino affect

While all that is true, I still need at least someone to cancel a higher end suite.  I seriously doubt RCI undersells higher end suites.  

Hi

we are booked in a ocean view balcony cabin on HOS on July 21st. I can apparently bid for an upgrade to this room, but when I look at the website for this cruise is says all room other than ocean views are sold out! So how can I bid for an upgrade? Is this just a paper exercise and the bids will be rejected or do they actually have rooms available for people to bid on?

ta

3 minutes ago, mondas42 said:

Hi

we are booked in a ocean view balcony cabin on HOS on July 21st. I can apparently bid for an upgrade to this room, but when I look at the website for this cruise is says all room other than ocean views are sold out! So how can I bid for an upgrade? Is this just a paper exercise and the bids will be rejected or do they actually have rooms available for people to bid on?

ta

What you see as far as available staterooms is not always the total picture.

41 minutes ago, mondas42 said:

Hi

ta

No way to tell, but if one opens higher than yours a chain reaction occurs

1 minute ago, carlosalonsor said:

I'm less than 30 days away from sailing but keep getting the "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered"... 

I guess I will not be eligible 

What cabin type are you in?

We were in a 2 br GS on Navigator a while back.  It was just the 2 of us but the location of the cabin was preferable to the remaining GS (this was after final payment--before there was only the 2 br. ) We decided after final payment to upgrade.

There are only 2 2 br suites on the ship, at least that is what they had before the drydock.

On 7/5/2019 at 12:28 PM, sr3303 said:

So can you bid for more than one stateroom at a time?  Will RC then decide, if at all, once of your bids to accept?  Is there a way to specify which of your bids you want to prioritzie first?

2 minutes ago, peacefrogdog said:

So can you bid for more than one stateroom at a time?  Will RC then decide, if at all, once of your bids to accept?  Is there a way to specify which of your bids you want to prioritzie first?

Yes you can bid on multiple categories and no you can't  prioritize them

Edited by molly361

I am anxiously awaiting news on whether or not my Royal Up bid on my 8/24 Symphony of the Seas cruise has been accepted. I realize it’s still a long way away but it seems that some people have gotten their acceptance response earlier than others. On this board I noticed someone’s offer was accepted at least 3 weeks before the sail date. However others have received their acceptance within a week of the sail date. All of you out there that have been lucky enough to have your bids accepted, what was your experience and what do you think may have factored into the timing of the acceptance? Thanks in advance for any info.

Didn't' receive any e-mail, but went to the upgrade web site to take a look for our Harmony 8/11 cruise. We have 4 adjacent 8D balconies, with two of them adjoining. We were looking specifically for that set-up so we will not bid but was curious about the offer. Here they are, per person,

Upgrade to OS -- $1,100 to $3,800

Upgrade to GS -- $700 to $2,400

Upgrade to JS -- $300 - $1,100

Upgrade to 1A -- $200 to $700

We have had two price drops on our cabins since we booked them on board Allure in October 2018. The JS, GS, OS differences were much greater than the low bid and stayed that way -- until there were some fire-sale prices the last couple weekends on GS's. With 4 cabins together, none of the fire sales made sense, since we would lose the adjacency.

We would need to see an attractive offer on a cruise when it is just the two of us, in order to bid. 

mac_tlc

looks like a JS just opened up on Navigator for the 8/5 cruise out of Miami.   Suites had been sold out for months and all of a sudden a JS is showing as available on RCI.com.  I guess if there are no takers it will go to the highest bidder.

Edited by sr3303

8 minutes ago, seaotter15 said:

We got notification 2 days ago that our bid had been accepted for our 7/19 cruise. Moving from interior to ocean view balcony for $450.00 (total). Very happy to have a balcony for Alaska!

Did you get an acceptable location?

10 minutes ago, seaotter15 said:

We got notification 2 days ago that our bid had been accepted for our 7/19 cruise. Moving from interior to ocean view balcony for $450.00 (total). Very happy to have a balcony for Alaska!

Was this the typical 7-night cruise?

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Did you get an acceptable location?

For us, yes. We were originally midship, but now we are starboard aft. No matter to me as the view will be great. Deck 8

Edited by seaotter15

On 11/26/2018 at 12:31 PM, barbeyg said:

It would be nice if they just spent some time fixing their website before adding any more things to screw up.  :classic_smile:

I’ve been going around Robin Hood’s barn looking for stuff on the website. 

They are sure pushing Coco Cay. 

They have a lot to pay for, so that makes sense.